CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Gordon's Well!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buttercup, baby!!!

Man do I have the SAND BOOGERS!!! And some very nice sore muscles...let me tell you guys! I just spent two days at the greatest place on earth! Drivin down the 8 Friday night looking north looking south and WOW this place looks like Las Vegas. I knew it was gonna be a great weekend--I stopped at the little oasis rest stop dividing east and west bound lanes and ended up talking to a guy and his wife about the area. Got some good info, joined the ASA, got some checkered flags, picked up 6 chances to win a pair of DSs and a trailer!--PLEASE JOIN THE ASA...ITS FREE...ITS FREE...ITS FREE...and it will help our fight against the enviro ***** that would rather us all sit on the sofa and only watch TV...

I made my way to vendor row right over the canal and kicked back until the bug hit me--picked up a lighted whip and a helmet skinz...around 930pm KMDuner and his wife and thier friends rolled up in his BA lifted F-350 and Ragin toy hauler and we made camp...got a good ride in to Highway Hill...etc. Ate some midnight burgers and laughed and BSed and called it good...Next morning someones banging on my van...AZSAND! and his four DS! What a site...our camp looked like a Bomb dealership (with a few Zs on the side)...awesome! There's nothing better than waking up at the dunes, eating a good breakfast, and then gearin up!!! We went on a chase through the dunes...oooing and aaawwing over all the killer rails...CRAZY RAILS! Got some good pics...gettin loose!

The afternoon brought the drags...wicked nonstop action...BIG TIME FUN!!! Just like the quicksand video...no "OO"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...but everything else! Half a mile or more of every kind of sand moving machine and people stutting their stuff--or mom and dad's stuff...Suburban going BTTW thru the whoops...LMAO!!! "That ain't right!", "That's gonna leave a mark!", "Holy ****!"...

Anyway, I could go on and on about what a great time I had and what great people I was hanging with but I want to leave a little for them to talk about...god, I had fun! Late night golf cart jump was a riot![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hope that everyone else that went had a safe weekend and will share their stories...Glamis??? I aint throwin stones, but...Gordon's Well all the way, baby!!!

jiminok[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

We want pics!!! Sounds like you had a blast! where is Gordon's Well anyways?

Old 02-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

JIM!!!!!!

I am sick of hearing about ALL these different dunes you go to every weekend!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. and the GREAT! time you are having!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img].

Naw... man I just joking, I am real glad to see an OKIE tearing up those Cally dunes man!! Give'em he!! for this Okie! K.

P.S> don't let KMDuner beat you!! LOL. And tell him I SAID to come back on here.

BIggerisbetter.

Old 02-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

Bigger--Yeah...it's pretty good to be me lately! I am definately having a streak here...all my luck's gonna change before too long. Pretty soon I'll be stuck in BFE and won't have my DS...really, I wish all yall could've been there!!! I just hope I can make Snake Hunt in Ok this year! I've got some friends back home that are having a wedding at the Little Sahara the end of March...were ALL pretty sick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]...

I think I've beat KMDuner for the last time dragging...he's going big! Stage III! He's got a sweet looking DS...black plastics w/ Ceet graphics and seat cover...we trimmed his rear fenders and took off his fronts this weekend and it got better looking still. He's a great guy that contributes a bunch to this forum--as do many others--and I hope he and the mods can come to an agreement...c'mon back Kieth!

As far as where Gordon's Well is...it's in Southern California off Interstate 8 between El Centro and Yuma, Arizona...it's basically from what I can tell the southern most tip of the Algodones dunes. That place was exceptionally nice this past weekend....the rain had all the dust that I'd guess is usually abundant down to a minimum and the dunes are excellent! I rode the biggest bowl I've ever seen out there! It was like a football stadium made of sand! And the way all the enthusiasts mark there camps...talk about a light show all on its own...makes it pretty easy to figure out where you are especially at night...gotta love the night rides!

Anyway I'm sorry to rub it in so bad but that's just how it goes...I'll be putting up some pics pretty soon...later

jiminok

Old 02-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Gordon's Well!!!

yeah just got in myself and must say there was a nice showing of DS's. Had a little trouble with my baja but was able to fix it sunday morning. It was a great time, the sand was a little choppy but definetly good. Must say my favorite part was riding deep into the dunes and finding all that virgin sand to play in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

Well what to say about Gordon's Well and the weekend???????? AWESOME!!!!!! AZSand and Jiminok are awesome guys to hang, camp, race, drink, and dune with. We had an awesome time.

Friday:Started with a night ride up to the hill and some drags, found out real quick that the wet clumpy sand was holding us back a little but that was ok, still had fun. On the way back we decided to dune it, all was going well until I went off a 9 foot razor back at about 3 gear pinned. I almost went over the handle bars, good think I was able to hold myself on with my knees ( you should see the bruises ) I punched the brake and clutch lever and hit my face on my front bumper. But this was just a taste of what was to come for the weekend. Then my buddy wheelie up a hill lost it at the top, well his bike kept going so he had to chase it down for about 50 yards. It was the funniest thing people tell me cause I didn't get to see it. Someone pulled up next to it and shut it down. Anyway got back to camp at about 3am and Jim kindly started up the grill where we cooked up some burgers and poured back a few more beers.

Saturday:Woke up in the morning and headed to the pay station to meet AZSand, after 2 minutes I saw him rolling in with his 4 that's right four DS's. He followed me back to camp and got unloaded. The wife cooked us up some breakfast then we headed out for a ride. The wife and I stayed back and played in the smaller dunes while everyone else took off into the bigger dunes. ( this is only her second time ridding a quad)Once she got warmed up we gradually made our way to the bigger dunes. After an hour or two we headed back to camp we're the rest of the group was already back. We ate a quick lunch, trimmed up my fenders, had a couple beers, shared some stories, etc. We decided to head over to patton valley for some hillshooting. The wife decides that she doesn't want to ride the 400ex anymore and asks to borrow one of AZSand's DS's. 5 minutes into the ride she pulls up next to me and says "I love this thing, I wan't one" (another hooked DS rider) So into the big dunes we go, AZSand was leading tearing it up at a pretty good pace, I kept looking back to make sure that my wife was doing ok to realize that I had to speed up because she was right on my a$$. She did awesome on the DS. We stopped for a beer then headed back out, Jim stopped us at this cool bowl where he started taking puctures of AZSand and I roosting a bowl. Well after 5 or 6 times roosting trying to out do each other AZSand won. I tried to get some serious wheel spin buy nailing the throttle. Well with the sand being so damp I HOOKED up, the bike shot right out from under me. I looked up to see my bike rolling down the hill. I went down flipped it back over to realized the headlight was broken and that I popped a tire off the bead. I asked Jim if he got it on camera and he said " no only the wheelie before the crash" I told him "good, just tell everyone I landed that" Ha ha. Anyway Jim headed out into the dunes to find someone with air to get my tire back on. In the mean time well all sat at the bottom of a bowl drinking beers telling stories having a great time. About 20 minutes later Jim comes back with a killer dunes jeep, we poured a little beer on the bead and aired it right up. Off to patton we went. Once we got to patter we ran the hill a couple times no problem, I was putting it to this raptor. Then I saw my brother and this banshee line up, so naturally I went over to challenge, as we took off I think that the banshee and my bike touched wheels cause off we both went while dragged through the whoops, ( and yes they were bad ) My bike stayed on all four wheels but ended up running me over, the others guys bike landed on top of him and my brother had to get it off of him. I figured at that point I better chill for a while. Besides my ankle was started to swell. Anyway my buddy came over to me and asked if the wife and I would like to ride in his rail. This think is flat out bada$$, 24" of travel in the front ( each wheel ) and 30" in the back. Jim headed to the top of the hill to spot as we launched of the top of the dune, the first and second jumps weren't that great which pissed my buddy off. So he gets back to the bottom of the hill and pins it. We hit the top at about 40-50 mph and just launced off the top, we thought we were going to crash because we were coming down on one wheel. Not in this rail perfect landing. Hopefully Jim can post the video. So after that we headed back to camp to grab my new truck and fill the cooler with beer. Off to the sand draggs we went. AZSand brought his 760 and only got a few runs before no one would run him again. It was running STRONG!!!!! My buds convinced me to go down the drags in just my boxers that happen to match my bike, hopefully Jim WON'T post those pics.. Ha ha ha. Saw some awesome rails, awesome crashes, snow boards, mom's tahoe, etc.... Went back to camp for diner. After diner AZ broke out with the fireworks where we put on about an hour show. After the show we decided that it was possible to jump a golf cart, and jump we did, I'll try and get some pics up. We were airing it out and started to get a crowd gathering around to watch, jim fell out once trying to ride shot gun. Ha ha ha. After that we headed to the hill for some hillshooting, I had to take one of AZ's bike because my headlight wouldn't stay on. Came back and went' to bed.

Sunday: Woke up and got packed, headed out for a morning dune ride where we tore it up for about an hour. Made our way over to the hill were Jim handed me my a$$ over and over. Then went back to camp. We loaded the bikes and headed home. All in all it was an awesome weekend, if we didn't have to pick up the kids we would have stayed till Monday. Ok I'm tired of typing......

Old 02-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

Glad you took the time to post that KMDuner! The weekend definately set a precidence. You are a true hardcore duner...and an all around good sport in my book! I'm gonna send you some pics I think you'll like...post them at your own discression...LOL!

Old 02-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

DAMN!!! KMduner!!

You must have really missed this site! LOL. that was a NOVEL!! LOL. No need to catch up all in one post! a ha ha ha ha!!!

Glad your back man.

BIggerisbetter.

Old 02-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

Tell me about it, I got half way through it and started regretting starting it. Oh well it's done now. I could have summed it up with " I had a great time too Jim" and left it at that but what fun would that be. So how was your weekend Bigger?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gordon's Well!!!

Here are some pics from the weekend.

Hey Jim, so you have any others, they don't have to be with just me in them...... Send those over and I'll post them as well.

Quick Reply: Gordon's Well!!!