CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HEEL GUARDS?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

where can you get a really good quality set of heel guards??? some that looks alot like the raptor guards?? has anyone tried the aero tech heel guards yet? they look great but are they very strong??

Old 03-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

My areo techs will be here next week. I hear the are nice and strong... There is also a pair from Diamond G racing they are making a production run or already have so you should see them soon. Ronwoods also sells the Diamond Gs

Old 03-02-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

Those Diamond G gaurds seem excessively expensive. I think I'm going to try making my own. Can aluminum really cost that much?

Old 03-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

Although A/C has their heads planted firmly in their A$$ (IMHO) they do make a set of heel guards that are awsome. They should be in full production by next week or so I am told. Been told this for 5 months though so take with a grain of salt. I got one of the first runs of these heel guards and they did not fit so I'm patiently waiting for their replacements.
I'm sure that once they figure it out there should be no problems. Check them out I'm sure you will like.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

I replaced my gaurds with stock 440ex ones with very little modification. They look 100% better and function great. I would like to see the aero tech if anyone has a link they can provide just out of curiousity.

Also,
Does anyone have a link for the fender supports I believe Alba sells.....

Old 03-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

I JUST installed mine and they look good!!!
I will get some pics Possibly today...
they are worth the 100 bucks!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

I have a set of Diamond G heel guards. They're great. VERY strong & look great. I've stood on them, I've rolled the quad and smacked them on hard pack, you name it. They take a licking and keep on......... well...... they don't tick... and on second thought, I've never licked them... OK the point is, they're tuffer than nails!

Old 03-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

Originally posted by: SoonerDuner
I have a set of Diamond G heel guards. They're great. VERY strong & look great. I've stood on them, I've rolled the quad and smacked them on hard pack, you name it. They take a licking and keep on......... well...... they don't tick... and on second thought, I've never licked them... OK the point is, they're tuffer than nails!

How do you know thier tuffer than nails???
Did you actaully take a nail and a heel guard and throw them repeatedly agianst a wall and the nail said "please don't throw me agian, PLEASE!"??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

Hey sooner, how many looks does it take to get to the center of a tootsypop?? Or heel gaurds??
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default HEEL GUARDS?????

I've got Diamond G heelguards on my Baja. They hang kinda low. I hit a rock at pretty good speed and bent the crap out of the right one. I tried to beat it back into place with a really big hammer and only got it about halfway there. At this point I am just living with it. I like my son's Raptor heelguards a lot better.
I also landed a big jump once and bottomed the heelguards out on the ground. I think they hang too low, and I would prefer heelguards with tubing around them, like the Raptor's.

Quick Reply: HEEL GUARDS?????