CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket

i live in bend oregon, which isn't to far from redmond the home of powroll. so i had some free time yesterday so called to see where they dyno there quads. well they were very nice about that and explained how the elevation affects the outcome which i already knew about. well i proceed to ask if they had ever considered doing anything on the ds, that is where it got kind of funny , you would have though i ask them to run out side in there bare feet to get the mail in the snow, they were nice about it but told of how it isn't a very popular machine. i find this slightly strange every time we go riding we meet people and one of the first questions is how do you like those machines? well we give the same answers as most would we really like them. then the next thing they say is seems awful big, but others with quads come over and we will let them ride them and there first response is i didn't know they rode like that, and several even wish they had looked at them more. well i know most of you have had simarlar experiences, and probably found it to be just as odd . i guess it just makes it all the more sweet to go and play in the dunes and be able to ride all day because your quad doesn't beat you down. well bend is also the home of muzzy's pipes and i have talked to them twice about doing a pipe on the ds they were kind of interested but , i haven't followed up much. they thought they might be able to make a pipe that was a little quiter than most but i think they all say that.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default aftermarket

This is probably the biggest downfall to the Ds, the lack of aftermarket support.

I love my ds, but it is so dang expensive to make fast, and parts are hard to find. I dont have a local bomb dealer, so I have to call one to order any parts I need. Or try to find them aftermarket.

I think if bomb would loan out a few ds's to some of the larger aftermarket companies, so that they could create products for them it would really improve the aftermarket scene.

Of course you can see the problem, yamaha sold some 25,000 raptors the first year into production, I am not sure how many ds's have been sold, but I dont think it is that many. The companies spend their time and money on what makes them money.

Hopefully the companies will realize that there is money to be made in the ds aftermarket and get on with it.

Bat

Old 03-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default aftermarket

I feel your pain !!!! We have lots of Bomb dealers here in ALberta that sell quads, sleds and PWC. MAYBE 5% will dable in the aftermarket game for any of thr toys they sell. You go over to a Polaris dealer, and most of them are up to speed on all the aftermarket hop ups. This is my first ever purchase of a Bomb product and yes, it is very frusterating. When asked, many of the Bomb dealers go Ron Wood??? doesn't he play guitar for the Stones????

I am using this forum (thanks guys!!) and mag ads to air ship the stuff I need.

Old 03-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default aftermarket

I was woundering if Muzzys would ever make a pipe for the ds. Sandman, do you have any info on when they will be made? I love the way they look and I am hoping they make one for it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default aftermarket

muzzy's wanted me to bring in a quad which was fine but they kept putin it off they were busy with the suzuki z so they didn't call back and i didn't call to push the issue. they are pretty cool they made a pipe for my brother in law crf 450, free of charge. i'll go back over next week and see if they are still interested, i'll put it on my wifes quad, maybe they would even let me dyno the quad there.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:26 PM
dsr
Trailblazer
Default aftermarket

on year after i bought my yellow ds i went down to LBL in kentucky (huge atv park 60 miles from nashville tenn) and i had people come up to me in pure amazment!!!!!! what the hell is that? i said it has been in every atv magazine for the past 8 months. and still today on the trails around hear i get looks like i'm riding some kind of prototype moon quad and the same questions HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT THING?? my replie is always the same fast-n-wide[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2003, 11:24 PM
BR
Trailblazer
Default aftermarket

People buy becuase they dont do all of there home work, I purchased 2003 bomb becuase i done the research, Rappys have tranny probs, have to widen them, and there tippy. I have always rode the sh??
out anything i have owned, some has held up, some has not. The bomb is heavy, o'well ill adapt and overcome. its overbuilt..... just what i needed. The bomb company builds many machines
including jets, they purchased the Learjet corp. many years ago so they have there sh?? together.
You may ask yourself......... If Yamaha built a airplane.... would you fly in it????? BR

Old 03-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default aftermarket

I love when people see my quad and kinda snicker because they think theirs is better. Then they start to look closer and get curious. Then we race and they are impressed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]