CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone tried two carbs not dual carbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried two carbs not dual carbs

I've been thinking. Would it be possible to get say two tm 32 or 34 or 38 mikuni carbs and hook them up. I figure all you would need is a dual throttle cable, and a two into one intake..... What do you guys think?

Old 03-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

With your new mods, I would think you would benefit from dual carbs. I think dual carbs on a modified head would be worth 5 ponies(gas), and probably 8(alky). depending ofcouse on your headwork,and cam combination.

I would like to go with dual carbs, but i am staying with my stock cams, so I think for me the gain would not be worth the $$$ invested, but If I came across a really good deal on twin 38's I would go ahead and buy them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 03-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

thats what the dual mikuni 36mm carbs are. there 2 carbs tied together with a bracket. nice thing is the fuel feeds are connected, along with the linkage,accel pumps. one cable pulls both carbs and a single feed from fuel tank feed both carbs. go to pami's site and check them out, they have a pic of one there. i have one on my ds and it works great.

Old 03-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I've seen the ones on Pami's site, but there expensive. Do they have the accelerator pump on them, do you need it? I found a place that I can get some tm 28's-38 for for under $140 each.

Old 03-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

yes they have both have pumps but only one is hooked up. 2 pumps must be two much. looking at how to sinc in 2 seperate carbs seems like it might be a nightmare. but you can buy just the 2 into one manifold from pami (bmw part) and go for it. with all you need to run i.e. cables manifold shipping carbs you'll spend $750 on the 36's from pami.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

What if I didn't run any pumps, how much is the dual manifold?

I can get a dual throttle cable for about $10.00.

Really how hard can it be, it's all going into the same cylinder, jetting might be a pain until you get it close.

I can probably get away with the whole system for about $350.00, they also have the fcr's dual 39's for $624, and an hsr45 for $309!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

well my 45 did'nt have an accel pump, i got use to it? but i did'nt like it!! to many times it would bog out when you hit it hard off the line. the manifold alone is $50 for a bmw f650. i would think ron wood should have this in stock. good luck.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey jeffroe, you have King shocks on your DS? Where did you get them, and how much were they? And do you have the front and the back?

Old 03-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

the Aarms are being powder coated as we speak, the shocks will be in my hands next week!! had to order a new rear swingarm +2" this also needs powdercoating. my frame is going in with the rest of the stuff for a hole fresh look. the cost well it's not pretty. $850 each for the shocks, i got the Aarms free because prototyping from socal fab but you will spend about $800 on the arms. $700 for a new swing arm out back (need longer swing arm to get to 16" travel)thad @ socal fab said 16" of travel front and rear (+1" wideer front a arms) with 3" of sag in the rear. this thing will look like a hummer and ride like a caddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] just don't tell my wife about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ thanks.

Old 03-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

To see the picture go

Here (Pami)

Click on Products (in the left margin)
Click on Bombardier
Click on Products
Near the bottom are the dual cabs - Click on Detail to see the picture (Product Number 598) Price is Euro 468 + teriff (probably need a cable for it and an intake manifold.)

I want one!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone tried two carbs not dual carbs