CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Full system exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 01:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full system exhaust.

hey pushin the ct test out as a good pipe it won on the raptor for the most power and i think it did on the z-400, and it seems i saw it some where else. but azsand has been saying all along the graydon- ct produce the most power, plus they clear the dual carbs. so that could be a nice choice. the trinty is a sweet looking pipe though

Old 05-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, did you get any dyno charts for the race pipe on the DS yet? Is the spark arrestor removable?

Old 05-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was refering to the MBRP race pipe. Are there any dyno charts yet? Is jetting necessary?

Old 05-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

PUSHIN,

I would definetly get the Ron Wood system....RWR knows the DS motor better than anyone and they make high quality stuff. If there is a pipe best made for a DS, i'd say get the Wood pipe.

I have the Wood pipe part of my Stage 1 kit, and man does it sound sweet. Mine is really loud, but I think it needs repacking...not sure...never heard a Wood pipe before. For 465$, your best value would be the Wood pipe.

My 0.02$ cents

Old 05-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Your right tyre the woods is the best but for hard core jumpers it gets sent to the hospitol quick it just to big !!!!

Old 05-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i like the woods also but it doesn't seem right for wheelies either.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i gotta put in my pennies about this jumping anf hitting the swingarm crap - there is absolutely no excuse for it!!!!! No "testing" is needed, a pipe should be made to clear the suspension travel of the bike - this can be decided in the shop, without ever leaving the ground!!!!!! Jack the damn rear end down until its bottomed and can't go down any more - if the pipe hits anything before then, it is a pathetic and thoughtless design.

Ron Wood knows Rotax - not the DS! If they did, they would design the pipe to actually work well with the BIKE and the MOTOR. IF, and I say IF, the mbrp hits too, then shame shame shame considering all the talk about the RW over the past two years.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Your right hightower but hindsights 20-20 i had so many pipes i between the two and wasn't paying attention
and i guess i am total air monster because no one else has had any problems!!!! actualy most have contacted me in the back and i recomend spacers to keep it away from the brake caliper thats what hits!!!( any one looking to cast brake caliper housings i have a perfect mold ill sell you)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I met a guy on a DS a Snake hunt I think he was from Paris. He had the Mbrp or whatever its called and the weld on the side before the canister where it bolts to the frame was ripped off. He made a point to tell me what a piece it was. I think someone called him Quadman 650 but Im not sure. Where it tore there was a big hole in the pipe. He was still ripping down the track most of the time on the back tires. I think Bigger knows who Im talking about.

Old 05-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

my bracket that goes the frame also broke off, i just called them, and my pipe should be getting fixed as we speak, and they are going pay the shipping too, they are going to gusset all the new pipes so this doesn't happen again,

Quick Reply: Full system exhaust.