CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DBeck or other mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBeck or other mods

I had typed up this long ol reply to athread and accidentally typed in a notty word LOL and when I went to post it gave me the warning to remove it by hitting back. I did, made the correction and went to submit it again and it said that the post was already posted, yet it is not there and i lost all that I typed. Just thought i would let ya know so you can fix this glitch.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:29 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I am not sure what happened there or if that can be fixed
but I have gotten into the habit of copying what I have written down
especially if it is a long reply and then if something has happened
I can simply paste it back in the same location.

I realize this doesn't help you now but just thought I would pass that on.

Chet

Old 03-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I too have lost posts & replies, & have tried to find out why. Got back some headers with no message from atv connection forum. E- mailed them back , but no reply as yet, but this is the weekend. Yes , my posts & replies take some time as to thought & time , as i'm sure no typist. Was wondering if there was some glitch somewhere, or just someone trying to squelch my opinions & views.Anyone out there is welcome to read my posts & replies & if offended in any way, i'd like to hear from them. I've been all over this forum , & some of it gets pretty bad, & remains. I'm going back to the threads i've subscribed to now to
see whats left of them. Regards, Jerico1

Old 03-16-2003, 09:01 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Jerico1
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I too have lost posts & replies, & have tried to find out why.
I know you sent in a moderator report the other day about losing a post.

You have posted 13 times. I did a search and found all of them the other day except one.

You are now saying you have lost posts and replies. How many?

Chet

Old 03-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I think all you have to do is use the browser back button so that the page is still in cache. Then change the subject and post it. Then ask us to delete the first post that didn't go through.

I"ve spent countless hours programming these forums and at some point I have to move on to other things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know there are a few bugs and I'll fix them as time permits. Sorry about the glitches.

Old 03-17-2003, 02:03 AM
RIP Dear Friend

My question to you is:

Why do you post and then change the header?

Old 03-17-2003, 02:24 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: airraptor
dude you are the worst mod on here.
airraptor,

I like that.

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 03:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I have had this type of problem in the past (my dirty mouth gets me in trouble).

I notice (as I try to recover all my bytes that are trying to get lost) that the safest way to manage it, is to copy what I have typed before I post (or as I try and rescue it after I post)('clicking the refresh button at times'). In the occasion that it gets 'lost' in the shuffle,,,,,I can just paste it, and paste it, and paste it, and paste it.....until I get it right.

Live and Learn I guess...

Old 03-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

It is very cool to keep the bickering to the PM's/I think you all would agree. (demonDS doesnt need to hear all this)

Old 03-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Hey Guys, First i want to apologize , as i found most of my posts & replies. They were a lot farther back than i realized, & there was only one i couldn't find. I know the mods work very hard on this forum. I'm just glad to hear that most of the problems are glitches & not the mods. I'll try to keep better track ( dates) of my posts & replies. Is there a faster way to find a certain thread & page where a reply may be, or a post? Chet or DBeck was the reply that isn't there deleted , or a glitch problem? I think it was under " Securing My ATV .
Regards, Jerico1

Quick Reply: DBeck or other mods