CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RAD axles carriers!! Whatch OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAD axles carriers!! Whatch OUT!!!

Man, I got my new carrier and the freaking grease zerk is in the center of the carrier!!!! What the F@$%K! The one they show on there site has a zerk on the sprocket side flange which is way cool! But once again false advertising has to go and make me ANGRY!!!!! The guy at RAD I talked to was a TOTAL D$*@K head!!! HE say's I don't have time to debate the picture on the website, maybe it is a PRototype or something! What the hell is this crap!? He says he builds them and yet he doesn't even know what he is building?! He say's I guess?! You will have to drill a hole in your swing arm. We'll I guess he is right! Talk about a freaking JERK! That is the last time I will do business with those guy's! What do I think of RAD?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I had a Dura Blue carrier that was the same way. It sucks. that sucks that they acted like that. I heard they are good people before, once again the forum doing its job!

Old 03-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

R.A.D.

RAPE A DICK

thats basically the meaning of rad

Old 03-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't drill a hole in the swingarm. Everytime you adjust or change sprockets, it'll be in a different place anyway, and it would only pack with crap and make the zerk unreachable and burried.
Whenever you want to grease - just slide the axle nut/brake hub to one side, then pull the carrier axle and all out the other way enough to reach the zerk. of course in doing this your halfway to exposing bearings to grease without a zerk - hence the lack of a zerk from factory.

Old 03-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

R.A.D. ive called RAD 5 times and got different weight specs on the heavy duty titanium axles every time!!!!! does anyboby know the true weight savings ???? and have you really put it to the scale???

Old 03-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I got my RAD bearing housing from http://nvmeonline.com Good prices, free shipping, no sales tax. As far as the quality of the RAD Bearing housing I thought it was really well made. Yeah it would be nice to have a zerk on the outside, but the way bomb designed it I don't there is enough clearnce for one on the side. Having the zerk made it alot easier to pack the bearings than if there wasn't one. Even if you were able to access the zerk fitting while the axle was fully assembled, the clean up of the excess grease would be a b!tch.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

it is my opinion that having a grease zerk on the bearing carrier is useless anyway. Ramming grease into the bearing carrier doesn't ensure that the new grease reaches the bearings evenly. The zerk is no replacement for a regular routine of repacking the bearings. Keep in mind that as your pumping grease into the bearing carrier, the old grease has to go somewhere. This will push grease past the seals allowing dust to collect, which will degrade the seals. Trust me, it's not worth the headache.

Old 03-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

!f you go with the hubs axel and carrier you save 14 lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and yes i weighed them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Really the whole point of using a grease zerk is to inject grease so you can push the water or moilsture out of the bearings. But some grease does make its way out over time and you have to put a little extra in. As long as you keep the outside of your seals clean so they don't collect derbis you have nothing to worry about.