CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Attacking Comp Hill ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attacking Comp Hill ???

THANKS a heep Angry!

Just called Marine Porducts and they have the 15 in stock. I'll pick it up tonight!

One would think that the 20's would be able to pump more sand thus staying on top of the sand longer making for a better run. BUT I DON'T HAVE A REAL-WORLD CLUE ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

When you go to a 15 counter and for that matter a 42 main, does that effectively make 1st gear useless?

Are the 22"haulers a bear when riding the rollor coasters?

Old 03-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i run the 15-42 on my wifes and it pulls hard 1st is a good gear for riding around with the kids. but most of your race starts will be in second, wish i was there at dumont this weekend, it is fun to see the excitement of a new racer. you might want a 14 front also it is simlar to the 15-42 and it is a lot easier to change the front, than the back. just stay away from angry you will see what his will do and the bug will bite you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

He speaks the truth. I started out on Sand Sharks. Got tired of picking up the *** end of the quad after it spun them and buried them like cat crap in a sandbox. I then went to 20" 9 paddle Haulers. Much better hookup, didn't bury up as bad. Last weekend at the dunes I got rid of the 20s and went with the 22" Haulers. Oh yeah, me is one happy fella! They have extreme hookup, much better floatation and look 100 x better. Skip the trial and error and go with the 22" Extremes. You'll love them.

Old 03-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Now were talking sooner the 9 paddle 22" and you will be the man with your 15 up front !!!! that is the best all around hook up for a ds or 23" magnum itps with 8 paddles !!!! out of all my paddles those are my favorite setups good luck and gods speed BigDaddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the Props Sandman.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I hope I don't infect him to bad. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i hope there is a lot o0f people at florence for spring break[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just got the 45 tuned in and the pipe on both ds's, i went last weekend and got a feel for the new mods, my wife gave me a feel for the new mods on her ds she won several times left me thinking i did to much to hers. the sand was soaking wet and took the power on the hill. as the sand started to dry my wins started to increase. i'm taking the 20" to see how they do in the wet stuff. well i'll be back suday night so everyone have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

Hey AZ im in the market for new paddles. Don't you find you loose to much gearing running a 22' paddle in the rear even with the 15 tooth sprocket up front or do you run a bigger rear sprocket to?

Old 03-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im running a 42 rear and am going to a 43 and no 22" 9 paddles seems to be the choice of the ds it seems like the best tires for hill draging and flat drags. out of all my tires and i have 20,21,22,23, and i even had a set of 18's (i don't have skids) and i like my 22" nine paddles best with my 15-42 gearing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks again to everyone who has responded....

I kind of figured that Angry was pretty fast, and I'm sure AZ is probably a shark in a fish pond when it comes to sand. It's too late for me to get haulers this late in the week, so I'll have to settle for my new Sand sharks. I'll simply order my new set, give the sharks to the wife and have the tires and rims switch so that I can use the haulers.

What about the turning??? will it completely suck?

And taking into account my size, should I still be looking at the 22/9's??

Just want to get it right....

thanks guys, for everything.

this forum (the Bombardier in particular) is awsome. Everything I have purchased I have done so, after talking to people like AZ, ANGY and HIGHTOWER. In fact, just downloaded the directions on the clutch spring swap, and I will check that off of my list tomorrow. You guys have saved me A LOAD of time, and money. Beers or DR. PEPPERS on me Saturday.

If you don't pick me out of the DS line up at Dumont this weekend, I'll be the '03' with a smiley face flag. I figure with the smiley face flag, no one will take me seriously. If it gets real bad, I'll just start challenging people to a game of Basketball. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well have you ever seen bigger OH no he didn't just say that did he tell me he didn't say that no biggers just big and he runs 23-8 paddles and he fly's up the hills qhat im finding as i get more in to the hills is the wheel spin is very important to keep up with hp too many paddles she getts to much traction and it eats your hp not enough paddles and you over rev like a big dog and don't realy get any speed out of it. and 22"-8 paddles may work good and you realy don't notice that much on the turning or i should say i didn't .

PS: And all were doing is passing along what we have learned from the guy's like JEFFRIVERCITY,KNUTZ,MARKY,BLACKDS,HARRY,MICKEYDUNL AP,DUNEDEVIL, and many others have taught us and we have learned from each other its a vicious circle watch out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

PS: You see your already learning give the sharks to the wife good husband [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Attacking Comp Hill ???