CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wider DS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wider DS!!!!!

Ok guys i have ordered my a-arms for my Baja which will make my quad 2 inches wider than stock. My question is, now what do i do with the rear of the bike? All i can find so far for rear axles is Durablue, but on their site they don't mention any other widths than stock. Does anyone know of any other companies that make extended axles for my ds? Or, should i just stay with the stock width axle? Maybe just get offset rims? I dont know, Help!!!!!

Old 04-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

Who did you order the A Arms from? I called damn near every manufacture in the back of Dirt Wheels and the only one suggested was Timmie Boy. They all told me that American Star's are basically garbage.

Old 04-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

why dont you just buy different offset rims, to make the more of the rim and tire stick out

Old 04-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Wider DS!!!!!

http://www.tbrproducts.com/DSFIRSTLINK.html
This is TBR's website the guy i dealt with was Brian. The Arms were $749 and like 25 bucks for shipping. I heard that these a-arms were almost just like the timmy boy arms, not sure how true it is though.

Old 04-05-2003, 04:18 PM
Range Rover
Default Wider DS!!!!!

Thought about the offset rims but not sure if thats going to be too much stress for the stock axle. but i may have to go that route if i cant find a wider axle.

Old 04-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

i have +1" front Aarms with stock width rear and it rides fine. stock they come 2" wider from the factory front to rear, i gave up looking for spacers. even had a machine shop look at making a set but the all the weight of the machine would rest on the lug nuts not on the hub flanges. look at my pic's and you can't tell the front is wider than the rear(4" wider in front than rear on mine). remember the front is only wider when it is compressed, normal riding it is extended enough to make it narrow and not be a factor. measure you'r front end with you'r new arms and you will be surprises how close it is with the rear.

Old 04-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

rad mfg makes a titanium axle at custom lengths but! it's gonna cost ya a grand plus shipping! but it only weight around 15 lb. sweet but expensive.

Old 04-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wider DS!!!!!

i dont know who would say ASR's are not a good product, the only known problem is they do have clearence issues at full extension with the shock, i just ground a bit off the uppers and have had no problems at all ever since. Those TBRs for $750 something are the best way to go for the price in my opinion though......... money no object??? go with Jef's new KINGS SETUP........Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jetjock16

Old 04-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

anything that has to be modded out of the box before it can be used right is worthless crap in my opinion.
too many items have clearance issues - companies need to start giving a crap and making things right the first time.
I've seen what happens on the clearance issue of the arms, I understand that its easily corrected, problem is they don't tell you that when you order them, and many people have found out the hard way.
Just like my old RW pipe - its not designed for 11.5" of shock travel - go figure.
we as comsumers need to stop putting up with manufactureres crap.

Armadillo is making a-arms now, chromoly, full sets 2" over even, under $500 in Rocky Mt. ATV, but I know nothing about them, don't know anybody who has tried them. use same pivot style as stock, not heims, so no caster adjustment, don't know what caster is on them or if itseven corrected.

Old 04-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wider DS!!!!!

yes inoticed thoes in rockymountain also. anyone ever use them. they claim lifetime warranty and for under 500 bucks, may be worth it if it corrects the caster problems

Quick Reply: Wider DS!!!!!