CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Haulers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulers?

Jims is right outside Little Sahara in Oklahoma. His price are reasonable and he also keeps some of the rare stuff like ultralites

Old 04-15-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

Don't get the regular haulers there have been many complaints of the paddles peeling off. Extremes are the shiznit. They cost a little more but well worth it. I said it before, use the 160s with caution!!! nothing worse that folding a rim and losing the bead on a long ride. There is no such thing as perfectly clean dunes and a hidden rock is all it takes to waist a 160 rim. 190s= peace of mind.
As long as I'm on the subject....Whats up with all the talk about the 10 paddle extremes being too much?
Is that like too much money in the bank or too much t!t$ on the little woman? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]The way I see it, anything less then the best traction means that you are digging holes and therefore waisting power while trying to power out of said holes. How is that good? I have 22" 10 paddles and I have yet to be beat by a similarly preped DS or Raptor (see mods below plus 15-43 gearing) I have never tried 9 or 8 paddles just as those who talk down 10 paddles have never tried them, but I can't see them making my (mostly stock) quad any faster.
Maybe the next time we all get together someone with 8 or9 can trade with me for a few runs and maybe we all will learn something.
Till then I'm really liking the 10 paddles, I would recomend them to anybody that likes traction....lot o traction [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2003, 03:51 AM
Range Rover
Default Haulers?

I have the 22x11x10 8 paddle Extremes on my stock DS and they are great. It will flat scoot across the sand! I bought mine on eBay and got a good deal.

Old 04-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default Haulers?

I have 22-10-8 paddles and i have a great time in the sand i don't have anything besides a rev limiter and a pipe and i do have the problem of the paddles hitting when i am giving the ladys riding with me but i shaved my heal protectors and it is good thanx from the advice from you guys .

Old 04-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

i have 9 paddle and 10 paddle haulers and i can tell that 10 is to much in wet sand , the traction is great out of the hole but as you start to get to speed it causes to much drag, and starts to slow the ds down, well actually it doesn't slow down it is held back from more, i rode with them when i was stock with the gears also and thought they were great, never noticed the drag then my wife got good at racing and i was able to see where things stood. they seem great when you are beating everyone, but when you can have less drag up top your top speed will be more, thus on the longer races the less paddles seem better. i do really like the 10 for trail and dune riding a lot.

Old 04-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

I'm by no means saying that 10 paddles are worse, better, prefered.... etc. etc. I went with 8 paddle version because some pretty respected racers told me that with my weight and with only running stage one combined with my size, running a 10 paddle would be asking to much of the DS. How do you think you guys would do with your wife stapped on the back and then racing up the hills??? Well I usually give up 100 - 150lbs to other racers. I think that the 8 paddle version was my only real choice.

I think most people know that Rocky Mtn is probably one of the cheapest in around. And while Angry doesn't have too many warm feelings for Joe (owner) at Fullerton's prices, they were only slightly higher than Rocky Mtns. The difference between the to places ended up being about $35 and that includes the upgrade for the extreme version.

All in All - I think that my deal was smokin.

Old 04-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

i don't know if i told you or not bigdaddy but once i meet this guy joe and he is a large man 420 and about that nice, anyways we were all riding and i was off and didn't notice that my daughter could get her honda 90 up a hill well joe takes the rope and pulls my gaughter and quad up the hill, it was the coolest thing my daughter was in heaven she was getting up the hill, well i really like riding with you big guys. you might want to call gary at tvi he might have some parts that will make up some of the difference

Old 04-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

I'm running generic 8 paddle haulers and whenever I go up any steep hills at Dumont, it feels like the tires are cavitating. Sort of like when a boat motor is at the wrong angle and spooling air, not water.

Sooo, I was looking at the skate 2 to try to fix this. At this price, I'm leary to throw down the cash without some fellow ds650 Dumonters opinions. It sounds like you all lean toward non-generic 8 paddle haulers.

My motor is stock, the pipe has a modified "double barrel shotgun" endcap. I have a 15, 16 & 17 front sprocket to choose from. The rear sprocket is the stock 40.

Old 04-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

make sure your paddles line up my brother has kings paddles and he had the same vibration, it sucked then we saw the paddles were not lined up, other than that there just heavy

Old 04-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haulers?

Thanks for the response. Pardon my ignorance on lining up paddles, but how close is close enough? 5 degrees? 10? 25?

Quick Reply: Haulers?