CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Now my choke cable won't budge....grrrrr.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now my choke cable won't budge....grrrrr.

Hey,
I just noticed this morning that I can't budge my choke cable..(only by about 1 mm)....I could move it freely a week ago, but now it just won't budge a bit...

I have a TM45. I didn't touch a single thing on the carb since I bought the DS...I didn't touch anything mechanical on the DS at all...Why is it that when I got it, the choke worked fine, now I can't even use it??

Help. Again.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the cable isn't bound anyway is it?

Old 05-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You sound alot like me, I am always in a hurry,and endup making more work for myself. LOL. Go agianst your natural instincts and TAKE YOUR TIME and go over the WHOLE quad with a fine tooth comb. If thier is something sticking,or in need of attention,or tightened.STOP and take care of that problem until it is fixed properly. If your choke is not working right, take the carb off,and get a Mukini tuning manual,and DISSECT the problem until it is working great. then put it back on.

I am 29 years old,and I am just know starting to learn that if I TAKE MY TIME, I will be ALOT better off in the long run,and I will save myself ALOT of grief in the proccess.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

nicely put bigger wish i had learned that at 29, at 39 that gotta go feeling still gets in the way, just not as much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2003, 01:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL! sometimes when I watch ScoobyDFW meticulously work on his quad, I wonder WHY aint he out thier putting it on all those Drag banshee's?? He is the most dedicated guy I have seen when it comes to "getting things just right". At Snakehunt he was thier for 2 days and never rode his quad!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He patiently when over his new TURBO SET UP and other things,with a fine tooth comb. I know he wanted to get out their and RIP it up, cause he really like to be on the sand,but he stayed in camp,and rechecked,and doulechecked everything. The man has patience!!

But his stuff in VERY complicated,and when he runs, he RUNS!!

Myself I would have got it running "pretty good" and went out thier and probably smoked the turbo,or my engine cause I would have forgotten to tighten something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But am working on it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey spinner, based on your earlier post/problems, it sounds like you need to go through your carb and give it a good cleaning. When your in there, you'll be in a great position to find out exactly what is your carb. Go to the car store (Pep Boys, Checker etc. etc.) and buy some carb dip. Take your time (as Bigger so nicely put it) and go through the carb. Everything should come out and put in the dip basket. Everything that is not rubber. Cables should be spayed out and then lubed appropriately. Take it all apart and soak it for a day. Put it together the next day. One thing that might help you is to take digital pics as you go through the tear-down. It will help you remember where everything goes when you put it back together. This only has to be done once or twice and then you'll see how easy carbs really are. Ask lots of questions on this forum. A great bunch of guys!

Good luck!

Old 05-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Heh, found the problem...seemed some water had gone in the cable housing or something...with some playing around and some moving of the cable, WD-40 and patience, it started moving again, and is now fine.

When I find some time, I might try to take it apart, and hopefully not mess anything up.

Thanks again.