CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Please Help Re-open Closed Dunes.. Deadline May 23!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Re-open Closed Dunes.. Deadline May 23!

PLEASE HELP!

Please visit the Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Thread.

We need your comments!

Old 05-08-2003, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went, What are YOU waiting for???

Duneaddicts thread. Read, Then give your comments to the BLM

Old 05-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

It's in the mail bud...

Old 05-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

It's sad that there are not that many posts yet,theres well over 100 online right now!it takes 5 min..

Old 05-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

I posted in the other topic and will here just because.

I appreciate you bringing the topic up duneaddict. And to anyone that responds, I appreciate it. I like our dunes, except for the awful road out to them. It is a nice scenic drive, many times I see a herd of wild horses.

It would be nice if they opened more of the area up, it is a pretty large area.

I sent them my comments along with my offer to help or discuss things with them further. I think it would be good if we had an enthusiast talking to them also. I would be willing to bet any meetings are made up mostly of enviromentalists, with few off roaders.

I am a member of the asa, and while they do good work, I doubt much if any of their resources get anywhere outside of california, where I am sure most of their membership resides.

I am going to try and contact them, so that maybe they can address this issue and at least let the blm know there is a presence.

Thanks again
Bat

Old 05-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

E-mail and letter sent #69, What an awsome number, hunnny, hunnnny, where are you?!?!?!?!?!

Old 05-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

# 70!

Hey,

I'm not just another dune enthusiast...I'm aware that the environmentalist groups that ride around with their "save the planet" stickers are motivated and would like to see my kind disappear. HELP! I'm not the kind of enthusiast that leaves his trash behind, or is afraid to pick up some left by another. We dune enthusiasts actually are a relatively small group that believe that our passion for OHVing or ATVing is the birth right of being born an American. It is the modern day cowboy's theme of experiencing the great outdoors. I think the solution is simple. Keep as many acres of public and government lands open for the general populace to explore and enjoy. Set a standard for maintenance. Let the people police themselves by maintaing the enthusiasm for outdoor recreation. There are ways to instill accountablility without the closures. I saw in Oklahoma, two weekends ago, a travesty in the trashing of public lands...I was appalled. There are simple ways to help people who truely love this sport maintain their accountability and implememtation wouldn't be so costly. It doesn't have to revolve so much around the potential of revenues either! Create incentives for refunds and rewards instead of creating a reason for rebelism. Each camp site pays a fee and gets a stake with a number. After the big weekend those stakes are collected and the camp areas inspected. Since the campers are registered they are accountable for that area--pack it in, pack it out! A no trash tollerace is all that we really need to implement. Most suggestions that were harming the eco-system are base on feloneous basis. The national deficit will not go away if we close all the lands for public use. Duning is a family enjoyment for many and most of us do our best to keep the areas we frequent looking clean and enjoyable and safe. I LOVE THE DUNES!

Thank you for you time,

James and Megan Levy

Old 05-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

done #71