Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma KMZ-150 Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma KMZ-150 Review

Just purchased two Kazuma KMZ-150's from John over at Raceway ATV and I must say John did everything he said he was going to do. I was looking to pick up two ATV's for very occasional use. Like most of you out there I don't have much time to ride unless I am packing up to go away for the weekend which can be rare. I most always buy name brand products for the support they offer however, I was having a difficult time spending the $$ for a name brand quad and was having more of a difficult time spending $$ on a used beat up quad. After doing much research and realizing there are part supply resources out there (although by internet) I decided to go with the Kazuma. This is the second product I have purchased crated - made in China, so I knew what to expect. The first was a tractor implement for my business that again was for occational use on the job. The price was substantially cheaper and the product was well made with parts support via the internet. Getting back to the quads - the KMZ-150's are built well and look like copies of most of the brand name quads out there. They come in a steel crate, you need to tighten down the handle bars, put the tires & racks on and install the battery and electrolyte. Like most crated items purchased no matter where it is originally built - you are the assembly dealer - be prepared to spend some time. The time spent initially will save a lot of headaches in the long run. All of the fliuds should be drained and replentished with good grade oils. All nuts and bols should be checked and torqued and locktight used on all bolts suspect to coming loose (brake adjusters etc). Give the quads a good go over. Having said that, these two quads pretty much ran all weekend on and off. We tackled various terrain with various rider weight. These are very simple units to ride. I was a little skeptical on the smaller 150cc engine but they seem to have plenty of torque to climb hills etc and will get going fast enough for most trail riders. If you will be out pit riding with the guys regularly and do not have good mechanical ability, I don't think you will be satisfied with the power of these units or the availability of aftermarket performance parts. If you are looking for a couple of inexpensive quads for weekend trail rides with the family and don't mind spinning your own wrenches I think for the bang for your buck these units will hold up just fine. This is just my oppinion. I am very pleased with these quads for my intended use. I hope this review is helpful for any of you on the fence. John at Raceway was a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to dealing with him on future purchases. I will post any updates as they occur.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Dear propertmaint:
Thanks for the post! I could not say it better my self. For the money you just can't beat the bike. Most people out there are not looking to go into the races! If you want an ATV for fun at a great price I really think these bikes are the way to go. I really hope you having fun with the bikes and I am here if you need anything. And to all I know some people have been calling me and posting! I am sorry if I have not got back to you, it's been a little crazy at this time as for most this is the busy time of the year, but I did not forget anyone!!!!!!!!!! I will be getting back to you all!
All The Best! www.racewayatv.com

Old 12-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

Just an update to the review. Had these two KMZ 150's for about a month now and have been using them on and off every weekend with trail riding. So far so good, the atv's are working out just fine for our style of family trail riding. I haven't ridden an atv since my Honda 200x ATC (dating myself) but these two KMZ's have plenty of power to climb hills, run over logs etc. I'd say they will get up to about 40mph +/-, no speed demonds by any means but fast enough for family trail riding. Any faster and I would want a larger frame and wheel stance. The suspension may be a little on the stiff side but is comfortable and stable for normal trails. I have one warrentee part that John and company at Raceway is taking care of for me, other than that the only other thigs I have had to deal with were some rattles that just required support bracket adjustments and the electric chokes. The electric choke slave cylinders (don't know exactly what they are called these days) were corroded for some reason and needed to be cleaned up. Nothing a normal atv dealer would not encounter. I haven't got the problem totally solved yet, the atv's will start when they are cold but usually take a couple of cranks on the starter. John and company over at Raceway gave me a couple of things to check out. Overall these units appear to be good family oriented atv's for their intended use. If someone is looking to be out thrashing on the trail or racing down the power lines you might want to take a look at one of the bigger Japanese companies for bigger engine displacement etc. Again I don't want to take anything away from the Redcat/Kazuma, they are great machines for their intended use and you can't beat the pricing. I guess what I am saying is you can take a 6 cyl. two wheel drive pickup down a dirt road but you would want a modified V-8 four wheel drive truck to go mud boggin. Will update as things progress.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Trailblazer

Solved the automatic choke as best as possible. As previously stated I cleaned up the choke slave and did some adjustments to the mixture and idle screw. Eventually I hope to find a manual choke replacement. The outside temp was about 15 degrees yesterday and both atv's started pretty good - a couple initial stalls but heck it was 15 degrees. Had a lot of fun in the snow. I hope this review is giving some honest input on these brand of atv's. I am very happy with my decision to go with the KMZ-150's and Raceway ATV. I look forward to purchasing other products from them in the future.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i ADDED A GAS FILTER ON MINE NO PROBLEMS SO FAR WITH MY kmz150. MINE STARTED AT -3 DEGREES AND RAN WITH NO PROBLEMS.