Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

I have been thinking about buying 2 quads for my 4 and 5 year olds and have a few questions. They have both been riding Power Wheels quads since they were 1 ½.

It is hard to tell from all the pictures about size, but the Meercats seem as if they might be as small or smaller than the Power Wheels. I think the Mini 90’s might be just the right size, just a little bigger than the Power Wheels. Can anyone tell me how they compare in size to the Power Wheels? (Yeah I know I could get out the tape measure and measure the Power Wheels and compare them to the measurements online but its easier to ask)

Are the Remote kill transmitters on different frequencies? I would hate to hit one kill button and stop both ATV’s.

I know the old SUNL Mini 90’s had problems with the frame cracking but Raceway has switched to the Roketa Mini 90’s. Does anyone have one of the new Roketa Mini 90’s or XL 70’s (silver frame) and can provide any feedback?

I have done some research on Roketa and there is not a lot of consumer feedback about them. The little I did find was not very good. Most of it was in reference to their Scooters, karts, and buggies and not being able to get parts. Since Raceway has such a great reputation for Warranty coverage and Parts availability I guess I won’t worry about that to much. But I would really like to here from someone that has one of the new Roketa Mini 90’s or XL 70’s (silver frame) and can provide some feedback.

Raceway; as a very suspicious consumer I was wondering why you don’t post the manufacturers names, on your web site, for the Mini 90’s(Roketa), XL 70’s(Roketa), 100 Mini Deluxe(SUNL), and the Raceway Mini 100(SUNL)? Is it because Roketa and SUNL don’t have the greatest reputation or is it to make it more difficult for consumers to do direct comparison shopping. OK maybe that that last bit was a little low, I understand how difficult it must be, to be price competitive with the fly by night, scum bag internet/eBay sellers that sell these models dirt cheep and offer no warranty and don’t even know what customer service means.

Is Raceway now an Authorized Roketa Dealer (if there is such a thing?)

I am sure I have more questions, but I can’t think of them right now.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Questions

9kids,

I have the new mini 90 from Roketa. I think it is a little big for a 4yo but just right for a 5yo. My youngest is 4 1/2 and fits ok but the brake lever is impossible for hin to squeeze so I had to modify it. I think the meerkat is more the size for a 4yo. I have some pics of my son on the meerkat. I do not have pics of him on the roketa yet but I can get some. The roketa is built very nice with plush suspension that is hard to find on a mini. I hav had alot of chinese quads and so far I think this one is at the top of my list. I would get the mini 90 for the 5yo and the meerkat for the 4yo. If in a year or two you decide to sell the meerkat you will get most of your money back from it. These are very popular little quads. And if you do order online order from Raceway. No one is better!!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Questions

2manytoys How long have you had yours, have you had any problems?

Is the physical size that much bigger than the Meerkat or is the Brake lever just the issue. I remember reading a thread on modifying brake levers for little hands. I am pretty handy and had already thought I might have to do some mods to the brake lever. I hope it is just the distance from the handle to the lever and not that it is too hard to squeeze. I also saw this REAR HYDRAULIC FOOT BRAKE ASSEMBLY see the very bottom of the page. Looks like something that would not be very hard to fabricate, just have to find a small master cylinder off a bike at the junk yard.

I really like that the Mini 90 has a full suspension and really don’t like that the Meerkat has a solid front end. Another advantage of buying two of the same ATV is being able to use parts from one to trouble shoot the other one if there are problems. If Roketa or SUNL would add a foot brake to these 70 and 90 models, they might just have the perfect beginer ATV.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Questions

I have only had it for a cpl weeks but just by looking at it I can tell it is a pretty good machine. I am a mechanic by trade so I have an eye for cheaply built stuff. So far not one problem. The only issue was the hand brake being too far from the bars but it is easy to squeeze. The only other minor problem is the limiter screw. If you turn it in too far it will not have enough power to move from the start, if you have it out far enough to get it to move it is really fast. It has a tall gear ratio and can really move. What I did to slow it down was change the front and rear sprocket to make a lower gear ratio. Now it moves very easy and still has a decent speed but not too fast to worry. I used the gears from the meerkat. The Roketa had a 32t rear with 14t front. The meerkat has a 38t rear and 12t front so it really geared it down. I also had to use 2 of the meerkat chains together and cut it to size. I think it is perfect for low end and top speed now. It may be fine for a 5-6yo to control speed easier if the throttle was out a bit but for a 4yo it is scary. He has a meerkat and in first gear with the screw in pretty far it is perfect. The size difference is pretty big between the 50 and the 90 but not too big. I can say a 4yo will grow out the 50 in about a year or two but the 90 they can ride to about 8yo so alot of room to grow without being too big for smaller riders.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Questions

dear 9kids,
if i were u i would think about the redcat 150 they are fully automatic with a throttle restricter so u can slow it down these atvs r cheap right now so they can also grow into them

Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Questions

Quadcrazy,

We are talking about a 4 and 5yo. Not very smart to put them on a 150 when they cant touch the pegs!!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Questions

9kids
To try and answer some of your questions the reason we do not post the manufactures of our units is very simple! "We take a lot of time doing research on the products we carry" most of these companies (You said it best!) (scum bag Internet/eBay sellers that sell these models dirt cheep and offer no warranty and don't even know what customer service means.) never even see an ATV. They just drop ship them and runnnnnnnnn! So we try to keep the manufactures that we import from as low as we can. Most companies out there watch every move we make! What we do and carry! (kinda proud and happy about that someeeeeee times! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) So why should we do all the work and waste a lot of time and money testing products and then announce were we buy them from and watch all the bums jump on board!

What you need to know is that if you buy from our company no matter what the product is that we stand behind it! We import our own parts we have a tech team and offer more support then most major brands out there! This is all fact and have been proven for the past 3 years strong!

Hope this helps!

Raceway ATV Kids ATVs

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Questions

What about the Remote kill transmitters are they on different frequencies. I would hate to hit one kill button and stop both ATV’s.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Questions

2manytoys

Thanks for the info about the gearing. It's something I will have to do. Are the Meerkat sprockets and chain 420? Are the stock Roketa Mini 90's 428? Anyone know were to get different size 428 sprockets for the Mini 90's.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Questions

They are on different frequencies.

Quick Reply: Questions