Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Semi-Automatic 5-Speed W/Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Semi-Automatic 5-Speed W/Reverse

This is the kind of transmission my new Jetmoto Hunter 250 has. I have little to no motorbike experience. Can anyone tell me what semi-auto means with this bike? Is there a clutch? Can you also tell me step by step how to start this thing and shift? Thanks for any help!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A semi -auto means you don't have to pull in a clutch lever ,to shift gears ,you just back off on your throttle then shift it then get back on the gas .
as for starting it I have no idea never been on one .

Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

A semi -auto means you don't have to pull in a clutch lever ,to shift gears ,you just back off on your throttle then shift it then get back on the gas .

as for starting it I have no idea never been on one .</end quote></div>

what he said, its like a manual with no clutch, usually 5 speed nutral being all the way down and 1-5 being up from there. in a fully manual bike the nutral is a half click between first and second but you dont have to concern yourself with that.

basic starting procedure for any electric start semi-auto quad id assume its the same. Turn on the fuel petcock to on position, turn key to on, flip any kill switches to "run", turn lights off so it isnt as big a burden on the battery, Bike should be started in nutral. some bikes require nutral to start or let you start in gear with the brake on. Basically good habit is to start with at least one brake pressed and bike in nutral. Turn on choke and hit start button, let warm up and turn off the choke before you head out. how long it will need to idle with choke on depends on the bike and the outside temp. higher performance more important it is to fully warm up first to prevent engine damage but on a stock bike like yours a minute should be fine other than maybe really cold winter. Best bet is to not just crank on the throttle and run high RPMs until youve gone a few 100 feet after warmup. if it sputters or bogs then stops after a few minutes it wasnt warmed up yet...