Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 150 issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008 | 02:48 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Jetmoto 150 issues

Hey outofline, I was wondering if you could help me. My son has a 07 150 Jet and since it was new I have always had to adjust the float. If you set them to low it would flood and overflow and the latest event really has me going. I reset the float and everthing was good for about two to three minutes and then the machine would sputter and stall.. Needless to say I would wait about a minute (for the bowl to fill) and the machine was good after that for about another several minutes or however long it took for the bowl to empty. Have you had similar issues with yours? It also seemed that on a smooth surface the machine would be fine but once we got it on the trails this issue came up.

Sorry to make this so long but I could use some insights.

Thanks, Superintendent

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Superintendent, It was great meeting you at Burn Mills ATV Trails in PA.

In doing research on the GY6, some models (I assume scooters with a low gas tank) have vacuum operated fuel pumps - trace your fuel plumbing bact to the tank to make sure that you don't have one. Also, the electric choke is not really a 'choke' - it is an 'electric fuel enrichment valve' (meaning that it has a small 'plunger' that pushes into and out of a 'extra' fuel port to provide 'fuel enrichment' when the engine is cold). If the 'enrichment' (electric choke) is 'burnt out' or not getting 12 volts or 'leaking internally' (crap in it), it will really mess up all the fuel settings.

I found a site, where the guy specializes in GY6 motors. I am including a link to a 'carb upgrade' - but be sure to cruse around his whole site for information.

GY6 Carb Upgrade

Good Luck !!!

Old 07-23-2008 | 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Check this out !!!!! SERVICE MANUAL FOR GY6 MOTORS !!!!!!
See page 55 on for GREAT carburetor pics and settings !!!!

GY6 Service Manual

Old 07-23-2008 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hi supergolfer, my Red 150 out of the crate had a float issue. It at first would flood over and come out the over fill tube and drain as long as the fuel valve was open. I adjusted the float down a little and solved the problem, but it is a very small adjustment. If you go to far it will do as you have stated and stop filling all together. I also had with that same red 150 a problem where Jetmoto did not put a hole in the rubber gas cap gasket. This causes the fuel to stop flowing after a bit but usually take minuets before it stops flowing and will not start again until the gas cap is removed and air enters the tank. This is an easy fix just drill a hole in the rubber. I would say your just adjusting your float a bit too far one way then the other, like I said it's a fine adjustment. I know it's a pain but try it again and adjust it so the float goes up a little higher. If you flow out the tube again it's too high!