Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

New member 1st post question about "set-up" new quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
If i had a choice between a sled and a CR500...The snow and the sled sound more forgiving to this old guy..

So what doesnt have a zerk on it? That little quad will never wear out now..
haha, i think everything has zerks now. oh wait, i never did the upper control arms at the frame, thanks for reminding me

the snow is absolutly 100% more forgiving! no road rash etc etc.

i rented a machine last weekend, turns out the gf's brother in law has a small 743. i made 1 jump a table but couldn't find enuff dirt [ ground is too rocky] to finish the big jump.

i'll spare ya the story how i tried to jump it with my piece of junk sportsman...... it was not pretty nor gracefull!

i think i'll head out to the gay-rodge and pump a couple rounds of chassis lube into my favorite toy [ that i can't even ride] heck, i might even lube the chain for the umteenth time

Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by over rev
thats great feedback, thank you!

another great weekend with the jet-moto. the kids are just running the wheels off this thing! i wish it had an odometer. my rear brake stuck on.... the quad wouldn't move and the kid is holding it tapped wide for like 3 minutes straight . i come running from my hammock just as the smoke syarts wafting from the engine .

for anyone reading this thinking about a quad for there young kid. i'd go with a semi automatic. you can then preselect a gear [ 1st] then limit the throttle to a crawl. with a full auto and a 110, it simply has to much torqe and will upshift to a potentially unsafe speed...[[ ok, off my soap box]]

my gas cap leaks like crazy.... i tried to file the tank flat etc etc but it still dribbles gas onto the kido's. am i missing a gasket?
Ours had the rear brake issue as well. It wasn't locked completely, but was dragging badly. I readjusted the brake and all has been well since. I have no idea what caused it to work fine then drag. As for the tank, I couldn't tell you. Ours has no gasket, but I believe it's got a different style of tank from yours.