Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

newbie help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie help

hey folks i have been given this atv was wondering what it was. I think it is a XYST 260. Dont know for sure though. I was wondering what it would mean if the temp light was on on the dash.

There seems to be a tank connected to the radiator at the front but dont really know what it is for.

The battery is goosed as it has been sitting for over a year but goin to get new one in next few days.

Dont have the owners manual so any anyone could get would be good.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails newbie help-atv.jpg  
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think recall seeing those but can't remember the set up for sure. Is that a CVT auto (no gears) with Foward and Reverse? Can you get us some better picks from the sides and front and back. One of us one here I'm sure will know what you got.

Looks pretty good with those fancy rims!!

If the battery didn't freeze you could try charging it. If not take your battery down to Napa or Walmart and match it up.

Have you had this thing running? Does the light come on when its running or just off with key in the run posistion?

Old 12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default .

cheers for reply

first charged bat for 15 mins started took it for a run works good then wee high t emp light comes on stopped it and tried to start again and wouldnt even turn over so guessin bat goosed completly

will get some pics up the morra just want to get out and have some fun with it ha

bigger alloys than some cars ha so looks good for me

all help is good for me folks cheers

Old 12-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Pretty sweet looking machine to be given to you! NICE! I'm thinking the tank you refer to by the radiator is the overflow and/or degasser bottle for the engine coolant? Like Sawyer says, if the 'temperature' light comes on after some run time, there's cooling system issues. You'll cook that little aluminum engine in no time if it overheats.

Joel

Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Is the rad full?

It won't turn over... I hope it is electrical as if it actually got really hot and the engine seized preventing it from turning over that would be bad news!!

Charge it up again, make sure it has the proper amount of coolant in the Rad.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

15 mins and then taking off is NOT the proper way to charge a battery. It may very well be junk but atleast give it a fighting chance by trickle charging it.

The temp light means its hot....I would have checked the coolant before riding it....but for sure check it now.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

seemed ok but just came on there is a tank connected to the rad with what looks like a blue liquid in but not much anymore dont know if this should be fuller.

It basiclly comes from this white bottle with a spout to a brass lookin pot at the top of the bike then back down to the radiator all connected up with rubber hose's will try to get some pics of it but also dont know how the hell to access it