Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What causing a ATV to no longer spark?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Ride it like you stole it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What causing a ATV to no longer spark?

I have a ATV and it was running fine one minute, then the next minute, it stopped working! I have absoloutly no idea what happened to it but all of a sudden it stopped sparking, I need help as soon as possible. What can I check to see if that's the problem. THANkS!!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Year, make, model??

Old 02-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Any number of things.. Could be something as simple as a fouled plug,shorted out plug cap,bare spot in the coil wire,shorted pick up coil,main stator short,shorted cdi module or even a faulty kill circuit that includes the cdi,ignition switch,left control switch or associated wiring. What year and model do you have? Best to have a service manual that can help you track down the problem..

Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 AM

2007 Kazuma Jaguar. But it was running perfect last week. Then it stopped. But it is the same as Polairs. Almost the same wiring diagram.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Kazjag500
2007 Kazuma Jaguar. But it was running perfect last week. Then it stopped. But it is the same as Polairs. Almost the same wiring diagram.
Moderators should redirect this to the Chinese section as those guys over there can help you best. Not the same as Polaris,but could be similar as many small quads share a basic engine style,but wiring specs,etc would be different.. From what I've found it may be made by Fugi,but best to try to locate a service manual.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Any number of things.. Could be something as simple as a fouled plug,shorted out plug cap,bare spot in the coil wire,shorted pick up coil,main stator short,shorted cdi module or even a faulty kill circuit that includes the cdi,ignition switch,left control switch or associated wiring. What year and model do you have? Best to have a service manual that can help you track down the problem..
Old Polaris Tech:

Can you please message me privately? I need help solving this and I can get more information there. Thanks!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM

Moderators should redirect this to the Chinese section as those guys over there can help you best. Not the same as Polaris,but could be similar as many small quads share a basic engine style,but wiring specs,etc would be different.. From what I've found it may be made by Fugi,but best to try to locate a service manual.
It is a 500CC ATv. And I am pretty sure this is the same for Chinese and Name branded ATV:

Would you be able to name EVERYTHING involved in the ignition process for a ATV?!?!
This is so I can rule out all possible problems, we have tested the Stator for a resistance test and it was reading around 11 Omhs. Not too sure if that is okay, but I would need to know everything that is involved in the ignition process on a ATV

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Kazjag500
It is a 500CC ATv. And I am pretty sure this is the same for Chinese and Name branded ATV:

Would you be able to name EVERYTHING involved in the ignition process for a ATV?!?!

I just did in my first post about ignition.. Again looking at pics of this engine looks like a Fugi engine or a Chinese clone of one. Again best to find the actual service manual that has the correct specs and trouble shooting guides.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM

I just did in my first post about ignition.. Again looking at pics of this engine looks like a Fugi engine or a Chinese clone of one. Again best to find the actual service manual that has the correct specs and trouble shooting guides.
Where is your first post about ignition?!?!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I have moved this to the Chinese section.

Quick Reply: What causing a ATV to no longer spark?