Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

TaoTao 110 4 stroke mixing with 2 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile TaoTao 110 4 stroke mixing with 2 stroke

Hello looking for a little advice

i have a 110cc 4 stroke chinese quad which i have recently purchased

upon purchase i noticed that the gas / petrol was a pink color so seeked advcei and was told they had mixed oil with petrol

So i have changed the full petrol tank and put fresh petrol in it aswell as this i topped up the oil in the oil chamber

the atv seems to be sticking while trying to start and quite alot of white smoke comes from the exhaust. when its running it does run ok apart from the issue with starting / sticking and the white smoke from the exhaust

also spark plug is black

any advice for this issue?

thanks for reading

Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am so confused. Is the machine a 2 or 4 stroke? What oil chamber did you top off? By top off do you mean "filled chuck full" or "put only the appropriate amount as indicated by the dipstick"

Old 06-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

the machine had marked fuel in it. it's used in marine or farm applications nothing wrong with it just a little cheaper for the farmers. as stated above make sure you only topped up the fuel to the mark on the dipstick or 1/2 way up the sight glass. Change your spark plug and that should clear up the rest of the issues. That may also clear up the smoking issue.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scooter86
I am so confused. Is the machine a 2 or 4 stroke? What oil chamber did you top off? By top off do you mean "filled chuck full" or "put only the appropriate amount as indicated by the dipstick"
sorry the machine is a 4 stroke but had a 2 stroke mix in the petrol tank, i topped it up half way up the dip stick

thanks for your reply

Old 06-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
the machine had marked fuel in it. it's used in marine or farm applications nothing wrong with it just a little cheaper for the farmers. as stated above make sure you only topped up the fuel to the mark on the dipstick or 1/2 way up the sight glass. Change your spark plug and that should clear up the rest of the issues. That may also clear up the smoking issue.
thanks for your reply i will give that a try tomorrow