Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What are these components?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these components?

I have Jianshe JS400 ATV model -08, now waiting new coil and CDI to repair no spark problem. There are couple of things I do not know what they are. Here is picture, I guess the component on the left is some kind of relay, maybe for direction signal or something else.

The component on the right is located beneath the seat, fastened on the chassis. There are three rubber hoses connected on it, one on the front goes to air filter box, hose on the right comes from the exhaust pipe and the third (invisible, D=4mm) behind the component comes from the intake manifold. There are no electrical connections.

Those components are not related on the spark problem, but I am interesting to know their purpose.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer

First one is a blinker relay and I believe the last one to be a EGR valve.

If your spark doesn't come back with the new parts check your stator, common problem with chinese engines.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Unsub
If your spark doesn't come back with the new parts check your stator, common problem with chinese engines.
Thanks for answer! It takes some time to get parts from Far East to here hinterland. I hope I'll have no need to buy parts any more.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Eventually I got the new CDI box and the sparks are now like fox tails!