Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

110cc Solenoid fuse blowing issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc Solenoid fuse blowing issues

so i have a little SSR 110cc quad here. diagnosed a bad solenoid (starts right up when jumping old solenoid) So i went and got a starter solenoid (its a car one) would it being a car solenoid cause the solenoid to blow a fuse? If not what would cause that? hooked it up and when i hit the start button i noticed the fuse started glowing BRIGHT and blew. Now im wondering if i could have maybe hooked it up wrong? its a 4 post but can be used for a 3 post no problem the instructions tell me all about it. Now the solenoid doesnt have any labels as to what goes to what. As far as i know its only certain solenoids that matter where the wires go correct? And if it were one it would be labeled. Is it possible that i have the wires on the wrong sides? what could cause this i dont get it... When old solenoid in same start button did absolutely nothing to the fuse... Maybe because of the car solenoid its throwing too much power? could i maybe get a bigger fuse or??

Old 10-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

is it blowing the starter fuse? or the start button fuse? try making sure the solenoid is not toughing any metal..