Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

ATV Only Poker Run - Pac. NW

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Only Poker Run - Pac. NW

I just wanted to let all of you riders from the NW region that we are hosting an ATV only poker on Saturday May 1st. It will be held at the Elfendahl Pass staging area in the Tahuya Forest near Belfair, Washington. Pre-entry is recommended as we are only allowed 400 riders. Check out our website for more details. >Washington State Quad Riders

Old 03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Thanks for the heads up
If I survive Goldendale, I will try and make it to Tahuya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It will be nice to check out all the new trails you guys have been working on.
Its also cool to see myself in the picture on the home page of the website. I guess that means its my turn to attend a work party[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nice work on the website!!!

Old 03-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

We have also added a childrens loop that will be 5 miles. It will start at 1:00 pm so the parents or guardians may ride the event first then come back and ride with the kids after. We will be featuring lot's of great prizes for the kids, and it will be a good time.

Please, Please, Please! I need the entries as soon as possible so we can get an estimate on how much in the way of prizes and trophies we still need to acquire!

Think of this as Woodstock for Quads! It is quad only, no MC's

Old 04-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

C,mon NW ATVers! The event is less than a month away and we only have 75 entries. With the lack of turnout from ATVers, we will have to start incorporating motorcycles into our events just to pay the bills. This is something we definitely do not want but will have to do out of necessity.

We promise a really fun event for quadders, with 3 loops, good food (included in the $25 entry fee), great music, super fun awards ceremony, and great camping with a lot of like minded enthusiasts.

Let's keep the events ATV only, as this is the only one in the entire Pacific Northwest.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

YoDaddy1- I am new here, but very interested in this poker run. I like the idea of a kids loop also. I have a 6 y.o. with a suzuki 80 and I think he would have a blast. We as a family are pretty new to quads, just got our first bikes in December. We go out pretty much any time we have a chance. In fact I was looking at your club schedule and noticed you have a trip planned to Driftwood. We just returned from a week there (april 4th-9th) same campground even. First time there, awesome experiance. according to my foreman I put about 300 miles on my quad. No Broken bones or parts(but not for lack of trying) so it was a good week. There were a lot of little lakes when I was there, especially between the raceway and the tree islands, but those were drying up rather quickly while we were there. I did manage to get my foreman buried in one to the seat though. fortunately a rancher showed up and was able to pull me out with a lot of finesse. Anyway, what do I need to do to join this fun run in may?

Old 04-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey there FordNut,

I know YoDadda is really busy and out of town a lot here lately. If you go to their website, click on Forums, click on ATV events, you will see a message > PINNED - Poker Run sign-up. You can print that out and mail it to them. Any problems with that, let me know. I would do taht ASAP so they get it before May 1st. I believe you can also sign up the day of the Run. But there is a 400 rider limit, so best bet is to mail it in.

Also, here on ATV Connection, there is a great forum for riding and meeting others on this side of the mountains. Lots' of people and lots of info. Usually always somebody to go ride with just about any time you want.

Go to: Where to Ride section

Look for: Puget Sound area Riders

Good Luck

Old 04-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

Hey I dont have whatever the hell i need to sign up...does anyone know how many have already signed up for the race? I live in Port Angeles and will probably bring a buddy or two and camp out friday night. Any extra info would be nice. Restrictions? pipe stuff obviously, but whatelse? orv tags too huh..but I just plan on campin in my truck sooooo...thanks..get back to me plz.

sean

Old 04-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

The event is not full yet. I anticipate that we should have plenty of room for entering at the event. Here is the scoop on what is mandatory; you will need, a spark arrestor, current tabs, a DOT approved helmet, working brakes, non-sticking throttle cable, and last but not least.... NO RIDING DOUBLE! Don't even ask!

Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

Thanks a bunch buddy...look for the white yfz w/ no fenders. I'll be there w/ a banshee and a 400ex

Old 04-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

also, i've been to tahuya once. any directions or what to type into map quest would be great. thanks