Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

13 year old Killed in ATV Crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 year old Killed in ATV Crash

Just found out today, that there was a kid who lived half an hour away from me who was driving his quad, hit a railroad tie, spun out and broke his neck (wearing a helmet).
Very upsetting news to hear.
Stay Safe out there everyone.

ps- dont know what he was driving, will post it later though.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

That's too bad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Never stated what he was driving.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior.... where in Ontario do you live? Reason I ask, I'm the fire chief in Limestone, N.Y., down around Allegany State Park. It takes me around 3 hours to get to Toronto, just to give you an idea. If you have a group of people you ride with, you may be interested in coming down to join our dice run to benefit the fire dept.

sopesuds

Old 09-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

thats to bad im 13 and i ride a Brute Force. from 10 to 13 i rode a 300FourTrax and im still alive but not for long how im driving. i done crashed the damn thing already!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I cussed. im so sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

how come i always here about kids dieing on 4 wheelers BY RAILROAD trax they shouldnt be there i heard about a kid 14 years old on a rancher 2x4 was on the rail road trax in Slidell Louisiana and swered off the trax to advoid a train and slamed head on into a tree died instatnly!

its sad to hear but HELLO dont ride on railroad trax THAT IS FOR TRAINS!

Old 09-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where I grew up in NJ that was all we had and EVERYONE from all around rode the tracks.

No one actually rides on the tracks, but the maintenance roads next to them and around. We used to cross them but only on rare occasions was anyone in the path of the trains. The RR ties are all over the place on the sides. The tracks are dangerous for a lot of other reasons though and loose ties is one of them. You never know when a rail worker is going to leave something on the trail like a piece of RR tie or something. I saw train wheels, seats, doors, and other things just left there. The DOT eventually got rid of us though.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

You hear of them dying around the tracks because they don't have any place to ride.

The hikers what the parks for themselves and fight the opening of the lands to atv use.

15k acres right behind my house. NO atvs only tree huggers..... NY DEC says we need it, hikers block it.

There is enough room to have both. I've hunted the woods behind my house and have never seen a hiker...

Old 09-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Creepster, not sure of where you're from in NY, but we're having an ATV dice run in Western N.Y., Limestone to be exact. 35 mile trail, gorgeous scenery, should be alot of fun. If interested, give me a call at 716-925-8813 after 4:00 p.m.

Quick Reply: 13 year old Killed in ATV Crash