Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Starting A Club... Upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting A Club... Upstate NY

Back in the spring, I tried starting an ATV club, but then just didn't have the time. I got some emails from a few interested people, but need more. If there are any existing clubs that could offer information on how to start (find a meeting place, etc.) or anyone who would be interested in joining/forming, please let me know. Our website is currently at WWW.PECKHILL.TK, and my email address is ebrower87@frontiernet.net.
Thanks,
Eric M. Brower

Old 10-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Eric, Hello, I see you are from the Gloversville area. I have family in Fonda and through the years of visiting that area and doing searches there is a club in the Gloversville/Johnstown area. I am not sure of the name, but if you do a search you will probably find it. If not let me know and I will see if I can find it. There are numerous clubs in NY state. I live in Utica and from her North there at the minimum a dozen clubs are located. If you had a trial map of that area you would be amazed of the amount of legal riding. There are some large groups such as NYTRO who has a Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Division. Also on a large scale there is Trail Pass out of Glens Falls ( I think) These two groups do alot of traveling and talking to people. I would try them first. If not there is also a club in Salisbury/Dolgeville area. They are no more than 45 minutes from you and along rt 29 there are all kinds of trails from Salisbury center, Openheim and almost to Johnstown. Any questions let me know.

PS, Since you are from Gloversville I am sure you have rode in the Meco Pits?

Chris

Old 10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey eric , We here in dolgeville ny would love to help you out. We are the SOGGY BOTTOM RIDERS. We meet on the first tuesday of the month at the Dolgeville Rod and Gun Club. For contact information you can email me at espike1@hotmail.com or call our president. His name is James and his phone is 429-9395.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]