Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

NorthEastATVers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NorthEastATVers

Just started up about 5 months ago. We have members in MA, CT, RI, VT, NH, ME, NJ, and NY! Just a bunch of people looking to ride and have a good time. NorthEastATvers We ride mostly in MA, but are expanding into other states.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NorthEastATVers

Good to know! Thanks!! I'm here in CT, I'll have to register in MA sooner or later. I hear you guys have great places to ride.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default NorthEastATVers

Definitely opening things up now. In fact, we have a ride scheduled for the 8th (this coming weekend)

Old 01-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NorthEastATVers

If you don't mind me asking, where would you go riding?

Also I'm new to ATVing. So new in fact that all I know is that I know nothing. Except that I guess I should look for a Quad with IRS. Which is what I'm doing now.

Which brings me to my next question. Where would I go to get first hand information about ATV's? I'm pretty sure I want to get a Utility Quad, but what brand, how many CC's, what features, what dealer, etc, etc. Also where to ride, when to ride, what type of clothing/helmets are recomended?, what should I avoid?, Just to name a few.

I've found that first hand information is extremely helpful. For the last couple of years I've been snapping my neck everytime I've seen an ATV and I've decided this is the year I'm going to find out what all the fun is about.

In the past I've bought three new Harley's before I found the one I really wanted. I didn't know you can't ride a Sporter on long trips! Anyway it took me 3 years to go from a Sportser to a Softail, to a Electra Glide. If only I knew in the beginning what to look for, I would have saved a lot of money.

Anyway, having said all of that, I would greatly appreciate any direction you could point me in to get information.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default NorthEastATVers

Originally posted by: Paulf10
If you don't mind me asking, where would you go riding?

Also I'm new to ATVing. So new in fact that all I know is that I know nothing. Except that I guess I should look for a Quad with IRS. Which is what I'm doing now.
We have a lot of riders that have SRA. The IRS isn't a big factor in the rocks and mud that we have out here.

Which brings me to my next question. Where would I go to get first hand information about ATV's? I'm pretty sure I want to get a Utility Quad, but what brand, how many CC's, what features, what dealer, etc, etc. Also where to ride, when to ride, what type of clothing/helmets are recomended?, what should I avoid?, Just to name a few.
This is a tough question. We just started a dealer section to give you people some experiences others went through. As for type and make of quads, we have everything. Our riding is quite a bit harder on the quads than other places I've seen, and people have had good luck with most brands. I'm not gonna get into it on this board, don't want to start any wars.

Gear, we have people riding in sneakers, jeans, and t-shirts all the way up to full riding gear. Obviously, everyone rides with helmets. Most have some sort of eye protection and gloves.

Places to ride, we are now riding in NH, NY, MA, and VT. We usually post rides on the calendar and get a pretty good turnout.

I know there are a couple of people from out your way, and another club that is just north of you that rides with us a lot.

I've found that first hand information is extremely helpful. For the last couple of years I've been snapping my neck everytime I've seen an ATV and I've decided this is the year I'm going to find out what all the fun is about.

In the past I've bought three new Harley's before I found the one I really wanted. I didn't know you can't ride a Sporter on long trips! Anyway it took me 3 years to go from a Sportser to a Softail, to a Electra Glide. If only I knew in the beginning what to look for, I would have saved a lot of money.

Anyway, having said all of that, I would greatly appreciate any direction you could point me in to get information.

Thanks in advance
Stop over, make a post. Everyone that has received info within 5 minutes. If ya have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NorthEastATVers

Thanks!
I went to http://www.northeastatvers.com and found some good information. It's an excellent web site.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NorthEastATVers

I went to the web site but did not find anything for New Jersey. Is it really that hard to find places in jersey to ride?

Old 01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default NorthEastATVers

Maybe you could tell me, then I could update the links or ride pages. I did have a club out that way though. The link was David's Zone, must have gotten lost in the shuffle (switched hosts last week). If you know of any legal places to ride out that way, I'd love to add them to the site.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NorthEastATVers

The only two that I know of is Chatsworth and Englishtown. I would like to know about other places if anyone knows, thanks.

Old 01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Range Rover
Default NorthEastATVers

Does anyone know if there are any LEGAL riding spots in central Mass (Worcester County-Western Middlesex County). The only spot in Eastern Mass is Rowley State Forest and that's closed from Nov-May.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: NorthEastATVers