Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

How many miles have you gotten on your tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many miles have you gotten on your tires?

Easy as apple pie.

http://www.teaching-english-in-japan...nversion/miles

Old 04-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at the guy's bio and pics. He aint going around in circles at glamis, kids. Look at the way those ATV's are outfitted. Look at the country he and his buds go riding in. That's ATV'n. Ya think he goes thousands of miles? Ya think? Yappy kids shouldn't lead with their mouths.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Good one, Earl. And this: http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Old 04-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, those are some awsome pics. I suspect that some of those miles were put on by someone else while riding along. Theres no way to put on that many niles in 1070 hours.

100 miles/day x 5 days a week= 500 miles and it looks like kawi650 can far exceed those numbers in the areas in his pictures.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: moldycheese
Originally posted by: Kawi650
from my experince:

SuperSwampers 9000km (sill a little left)
Stockers are 6000km Dunflops (very bald)
ITP blackwaters 3000km ( had on 400 kvf 4x4 undriveable - maybe i had a bad set)
Mudrunners 13000-16000km (extream millage my preference- and tires still have some tread left)
ITP 589 I got 3500km and still wearing them (I would say 1/4 worn but only travel with these in snow very little dirtroad/ pavement)
Dirtdevils 5000km and 3/4 worn Alot of 2wd front tires are good back are down from spinning on gravel
mudbug 6000km They wear good and then with out notice they are toast.
Bearclaw are surpose to wear well.
this guy is full of bull sh**. i can understand 3200 miles, but this guy says he has 49500 km

sorry guys I haven't been following this thread and I would Like to clear some facts. YES I HAVE ABOUT $HIT LOAD OF KMs NOT MILES on ATVs. moldycheese, I've went through 5 ATVs so far and alot more than 1070 hours of biking and a long collection of years (1986+). eiger2, 1070hrs is the approx. hours I have on my 2 ATVs I have now (which I need to update) and the tire report I have go back to my king quad days, none of the previous bike had hours meters on em.

I worked out the miles I drove and posted them in my bio. I rack on the miles on my ATV and I drove all the miles on my tires above minus the mudbug which my brother drove on his bike (Which I drove alot). My 650 right now is high on milage because of the multi extream trips I've taken, and I am a very fast trail rider too I do a lot of hurry up and wait. My hour meter really is a tad higher than 1000, one of these days I'll write it down but my average speed on the 650 is about 20km/hr which is very high. My 700 is seeing more use than the 650 and keep in mind I travel NFLD and my average speed there probably would be about 40-50km/hr and alot in the winter when trails are faster around here ( travelling lakes etc..). I'm going to be putting around 3-7 thousand km on brand new mudlights on my P700 over the 4 trips planed in the next 4 months. And sorry to get you guys going I really had 2 sets of the mudrunners! LOL I had a set on my 400 KVF and 650 KVF(one set I only wore down half the thread because I sold my bike with them on it). The real answer that I want to know is what my repair bill and how much $$ I spent on quads.... on second thought that would make me sick. I'm biking almost every minute I'm not working, (I work for myself) and it's the biking that keeps me out of trouble. You can say I'm an avid ATVER. BTW I love trying different tires but my favorites are the muddrunners. And right now I have 1 set of 28 589 on rims, 1 set of 25 or 26 dirtdevils on rims, 1 ordered set of mudlights 26 and set of rims, my mudrunners are not on rims right now, and a set of snow tracks. The snow tracks I have about 1500km on em and went thur 5 boggie wheels but it is awesome!

Old 04-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Kawi650, Im sorry if my tone of writing looked like I was dissing you. I don't doubt that you've rode all those miles, I've seen yer pics. I assumed that you were talking about all the tires you have had experienced and not just owned.

Around these parts its hard to go on a ride longer than 20 miles since most areas are only a couple hundred acres. At first its easy to rack up the miles but then you get bored with the same areas.

I'd love to come by and go on a ride with ya. That would rack up a lot of miles on my tow vehicle, too.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

eiger 2 ... don't worry about it... I don't like talking about stuff I don't own/use because you don't get the full picture that way. Come on up and we will get some miles on your bike LOL. Not all trails here are long and good here either but I can go for like 3 days and do very little of the same trail. I too want to go on new trails and I try not to be in the same spot I was last weekend etc... because I want to enjoy ATVing. When I get bored I travel about 2 hours by truck and do new trails. Next month I'm travelling to Northern Quebec and putting around a thousand plus km on... I'm looking forward for this one, I haven't been in Quebec before Biking. I might be doing Labador too. Next year is off to Alaska, and the year after that it's Hat/Macoy etc.... if I can not get to Baffin Island with my atv. Only 20 miles! Sorry but with my lifestyle I would be moving in a hurry. LOL My god I would be bored in couple hours, that's not even a tank of fuel. The only tires that were not mine were the Mudbugs I drove alot (brother's bike had em) and the bearclaws also I used was on a demo bike I had when mine 400 was down for two months back in 1999 which I put 4200km on my dealer's demo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now I don't need to worry about a demo because I have 2 bikes.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

So, far I've got over 12,000klm on my 26" Mud Machine BiClaws and still some thread left.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I got 6000kms out of the Rawhides that came on the bike now have 7000kms on the Executioners I replaced them with......