Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Maxxis All Traks vs. Razrs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004 | 10:58 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Maxxis All Traks vs. Razrs

I'm interested in replacing my stock Warrior 22x10-9s with either the Maxxis All Traks or Razrs (6ply) 22x11-9 for trail riding in Michigan. Seems to be a lot of good feedback for the Razrs. Any comments on the All Traks? Thanks.

Old 10-24-2004 | 02:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

What type of ground are you riding?

Old 10-24-2004 | 03:15 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I generally ride wooded trails or trails through fields. The soil is somewhat soft, some sand, with grasses and occasional tree roots. There are some sections of the trail where the dirt has washed away leaving smooth stones, not gravel.

Old 10-24-2004 | 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I have razr2's, they work good in the dirt/mud trails. They are loose in gravel, though. In the looser stuff the All Tracks would probably be better. My bet would be you would llike either one, though.

Old 10-28-2004 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

i had the razors on my old warrior and they were great. i could go in snow, mud, 2-3 ft water, and climb sand hills with them. i could have gone up biggerones if my clutch wasnt bad

Old 10-30-2004 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

The razor2's work awesome for mich. They will handle great everywhere but they lack straight line hookup at times in loose sand. They are incredible for handling on the trails, and will truck right through deep mud and water. I've only got them stuck once in gladwin in some really slippery mud that was like clay. I wish they would incorporate some v shape treads on the razors to help the hookup in the loose sand/dust, they would be perfect then. To get the best handling with the razor2's on the rear you should widen the front up a bit, they will add 5" of width overall on the rear of the warrior. I had a understeering problem at high speeds which caused the accident where I broke my wrist, so I added the +2" a arms to balance it out. You can also put the tires on backwards until then to keep it a little narrower though. Whatever you do get the 20", you'll be very pleased with them.

Old 10-30-2004 | 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm thinking the Maxxis AllTrac's are somewhat like the ITP spidertrac's right? Similar to the Bear Claws by Kenda ... I know my own Razrs are a whole lot of good in snow, and they do spin a lot in sand and loose gravel, but sometimes that's 1/2 the fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My next tire set will most likely be either kenda bear claws (saw them on a Warrior on here and it looks awesome!!) or maybe some mudlites, since the Bear Claws are kinda heavy ...

So if good traction is important to you I'd say get the All Tracs, if spinning out and roasting is more important then get the Razr's.

I dont' think you'd be too disappointed in either one .. especially compared to the crap dunlop stockers!!

Old 02-27-2005 | 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 04 Banshee with 22x11x9 maxxis all traks on them and really i'm gettin rid of them too much grip for me and i ride woods traild and fields...i'm puttin razr's on it now...but my friends with 400 Ex's love the all traks on theirs so....but they give a lot of grip can't slide well or will want to tip over i'm gettin RAZRs!!