Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Replacing Raptor Drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006 | 02:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Replacing Raptor Drivetrain

I need some input on adjusting the rear axle on my 04 Raptor. I'm replacing the whole drivetrain with Renthal sprockets and a chain. 12F/40R sprockets, 94-520 X-ring chain. I don't know where to begin. I do know how to adjust the rear axle backwards, so that the chain will tighten. I don't know how to move the axle foward so that I can replace the front and rear sprocket and the chain. If any one could help me out with this problem I would be very thankful!

Old 01-04-2006 | 04:38 AM
Trailblazer

Easy.......
Loosen the carrier bolts (17mm I think) right side if carrier. Then loosen the 12mm bolts the top of the carrier, remember to lossen the jam nut also. then when you have sugnificantly backed them off push forward on the axle till it hits the front of the carrier. You can tighten one bolt on the side to keep it in place. Take off the masterlink clip, A new one is supplies with the new chain, remove chain. easy as pie.........It might be easier to remove the front sprocket cover if you remove the foot peg but I never do........ hope that helps.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] PS what chain did you go with??????????DID, renthal?????

Old 01-04-2006 | 10:48 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the Help! I should be able to give it a try sometime this weekend, when the sprockets come in. The foot pegs will be off, because I just received my AC pro pegs yesterday. I ordered the nerfs before I spun the front sprocket! Just my luck! The chain is Renthal.. I've used just about every kind of sprocket and chain combo you can possible think of, on all my bikes.. First ATV so we will see how the renthal spockets and chain hold up.. Thanks again for all the help!