Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

itp holeshot mxr4, kenda claws, irazor, whats best for traction

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default itp holeshot mxr4, kenda claws, irazor, whats best for traction

im getting ready to buy some new tires for mx racing and was wondering what tires you guys like for hard dry pack racing?

Old 01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I believe that the ITP's are great. They have well supported and strong sidewalls. I personally love the H-D's because they are really nice for traction. They might be a little heavier than most but they are really good for traction and puncture resistance.

Not far behind would have to be the Maxxis Razr II. I cannot personally comment on how good they are, But I heard good things about them.

Good Luck, Matt

Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

ITP'S WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE, I ALSO HAVE TO AGREE, IM A BIG FAN OF THEM TO. THEY SLIDE OUT, AND HOOK UP REALLY NICE
GOOD LUCK

Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

the mxr4. i no they are. 100% sure. but they wair way to fast. the mxr4 compaired to just the mxr well theirs not a big diffrnce for how fast they wair out. i had mxr and they weree bald with in a month.

kendas are the slowest wairing tire. and korry ellis uses em and he comes in the top 3 alot so they must be getting grip.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

so your saying the itp mxr4s wear just as fast as the older mxrs. iv looked at alot of tires and have owned a set of kenda claws, they were great in the beginning but sucked after about 70% tread left. ive had a pair of holeshot xct and loved the traction. i may just go ahead and get some 18inch mxr4s. but il wait for more posts first

Old 01-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

yea mxr4 wair a lil slow than mxr but nothing like itp clames. its pritty close to the same wair

Old 01-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

i sponsor 2 riders around pa.& ohio and we use kenda klaws or itp turf tamers. we ride on conditions that range from slime to hard clay. hole shots dont clean out well.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

do the turftamer tires keep up with the others. i hear they dont clean out well at all.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: proudtobeon660
do the turftamer tires keep up with the others. i hear they dont clean out well at all.
i never tried turf tammers but by the way the tred is it looks like they wouldnt clean out goot. my kenda claws clean out realy fast. and kenda claws are rotational tires in the rear. one way is for hard packed ground and other way is set for soft ground.

the softer the rubber the better grip you get on hard packed stuff also and the faster tires wear out. thats why itp mxr/mxr2's wair out so fast. dirt wheels mag actuly said that with the mxr's they got almost too much grip. but dirt wheels mag you cant realy go by because they kinda lie about stuff.

but heres a nuther thing about kenda klaws. ok i dont know if its the tires or my quad set up but on the road i can not pull wheelies no more. the tires just get loose and spin. i also cant pull em in dirt eather. but the advantage here is i can take off realy fast now. sinse i can take off the line so fast with out the front end coming up now i can hole shot against 450's and raptors.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

ive has kenda klaws in the past and thought they were good when new. but after about 70% tread left they sucked. iv also has a pair of holeshot xcts and they hooked up unbelievably. but never have i tried turf tamers or holeshot mx4s or irazors. for the price the tamers seem to be a deal

Quick Reply: itp holeshot mxr4, kenda claws, irazor, whats best for traction