Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

swamp fox tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:31 AM
rhd
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swamp fox tires

looking for some reviews on these tires. has anybody tried them out?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swamp fox tires

I bought a set of 26" swamp foxes about 2 months ago. I really like the looks and the performance. Whenever we go riding and run into other riders out on the trails, my tires always get the compliments for their looks... Now on to the important stuff... The guys I ride with have a variety of tires. 25" mudlite xl's, 26" dirt devils, 25" rawhides, and some stockers. The dirt devils seem to do best when we're climbing steep rocky, rooted, loose hills. They also do good in the mud. The mudlites are pretty good in mud and ok on hills. They do spin alot though. My swamp foxes are by far the best mud tires in my group. They will however, slip, spin and throw everything they grab on the hills. Sometimes I get nervous, usually it just makes it more fun. I'm happy with them overall and don't think I'd go with any other tire right now. I'm not sure what kind of quad you have, but I can tell you that my 400 has barely enough motor (even with mods) for these. The lugs are sooo deep and aggressive that when I get into really deep clay mud (like pudding) my 400 really strains to spin them. They're just moving so much crap. I've considered a clutch kit, but in a way it's good to keep tire spin to a minimum in deep thick mud. They only complaint I have with them is that I can't seem to keep air in them. I think it might be my wheels. I bought the Highlifter steel wheels. The tires say to use bead lock wheels, but who can afford that? I can set my tire pressure and in a week they might all be fine, or one or two may be low. There's no punctures, or method to the madness. It could be valve stems too.. I don't yet know. Oh yeah, these things throw a lot of mud as well as rocks. I had a fist-sized rock hit me in the back yesterday on a ride. I thought my buddy threw it at me, but the tires threw it up. I'm always the muddiest of the bunch at the end of the day. These things also have some crazy side lugs that will definately pull you up the sides of ruts... gotta be careful and kinda get used to them. Overall they are awesome...