Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Maxxis Razr2 fronts rotation question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxxis Razr2 fronts rotation question.

I have Maxxis Razr2 fronts in 23-7/10s on 400EX. I was never satisfied with straight line stability with tires installed per rotation arrow on sidewall. So I finally got around to mounting with rotation in opposite direction and performance/stability seems to be much better and they will still turn on a dime. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this situation. Most directional ATV front tires have tires mounted so that the V formed by tread blocks points toward ground when viewed from front of quad. The RAZR2s when mounted per rotation arrow will have the V pointing up.
In one of this month's ATV Magazines there was a story about Baja racing the 450R, amd the RAZR2s were mounted per rotation arrow in pictures taken before start but then in pictures taken during race the tires were mounted in both different rotations. So wondering if this was some attempt to improve straignt line stability or just due to flat tires and with bead lock wheels they just installed whatever they had pre mounted at the pits.