Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.
View Poll Results: Bighorn or Zilla??
Bighorn!
0%
Zilla (Not Mudzilla)
100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Maxxis Bighorn or Zilla?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxxis Bighorn or Zilla?

Hi All,

Thinking about which tires to get next for my quad... I have decided between these two Maxxis Bighorn or Zilla... The reason I am sticking with Maxxis tires is in the past they have been the best tire to me.. My first experience with Maxxis tires was with Dirtbike tires about 6 years ago and ran them until I sold my bike to buy my quad in 2006. Those Maxxis dirtbike tires were very good - great! My '07 Grizz came with OEM Maxxis tires and they have taken a beating and a half - I do some rocky terrain and no sidewide problems at all.. Based on my past good experience with Maxxis, I am not interested in the Swamplites, Mudlites, Mudlite XTRS etc.. just these two particular tires.. for the Same reason I drive a Ford truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ford's have been good to ME [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As most of you know Maxxis recently released the Zilla a lightweight/less aggressive version of the proven MudZilla

So I am thinking either the 25" Bighorns (which measure 26" anyhow) or the 26" Zilla's

Your thoughts?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

It would depend on the terrain you ride most. The Bighorns wear like iron and are a great all around tire. They're better at everything than most tires except mud. They still pull better than most stock tires in the mud though. If you ride a lot of mud or do a lot of slick/loose climbing I'd go with the Zilla but if you ride a little mud and a lot of trail I'd go with the Horn.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi there CraZySteve...Do you ride alot of off camber situations? If you do you want to stay away from bighorns..Go to atvtorture.com and read the review that was just done on the bighorn..hope this helps.