Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Interco Swamplites

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interco Swamplites"></title><script src=

I havent had any trouble with them wobbling.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!
Default Interco Swamplites

I think my wobble may be due to the front end be out of alignment (not camber) more so than the tires themselves. My last set did not wobble.
Buck

Old 08-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

great tires for all around use. i had a set of 27s and i up graded to the 28s. the difference are the lugs are bigger on the 28s but they both stand at 27". the reason i upgrade was my front 27s were actually 26 1/4" tall and the rear were 27". not good on the four wheel drive so i had them send me a pair of 28s and they set perfect. so i sold the 27 and got the 28s which are only one size all the way around.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

They are great tires. I was happy when I got them. I bought 26" swamplites that measured close to 27". The lugs are plenty deep for all but professional mud pits. When I mounted them I was a little disappointed because they were very stiff and didn't flex much over rough terrain. I thought, "these tires are going to be uncomfortable and wont give me the traction on hard stuff that I want. it would hit every rock hard and jolt me. They also hopped a lot when going up hills where traction would slip.
When they're broken in, they change and become a lot better.
It took me about 700 miles to break them in. Now they have a nice wide foot print. they flex better than the stock tires and go over rocks the size of grapefruit without working the shocks. they no longer hop when loosing traction. they shrunk to the 26" they're supposed to be. They have 1500 miles on them and still have 1" tread. that's hitting every jagged rock, rut and tree roots I can find along with driving on a good amount of tar. They perform in mud way better than the stock tires on my Grizzly. They have slicked over once in mud, but that was in thick clay. I figured out how to cross deep sandy or sooty rivers with these tires. Don't mash the throttle and rip through it. instead creep through it, otherwise the tread will dig the sand out from under them. If you take it slow through deep stuff with the swamplites, they will pull through most anything. they handle great on pavement.
one thing I like is that I can go over the most jagged rough terrain without worrying about a puncture. I once took it over a large sharp rock that sank the tire almost to the rim on top of the very point of the rock and had no puncture. they also ad stability over stock tires. I can corner faster and take side slants better. When new, they slip on rocks and logs a lot, but after broken in, they stick a lot better.

I think these tires where designed to perform there best after 500-700 miles.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard they were really heavy. Is that true or not?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

I have over a 1000 miles on mine and I'd buy a second set in a heart beat, in fact I will eventually buy a set for the "02" 700 I just picked up when the stockers wear out-maybe sooner as the idiot put a set of 10" rims on the rear instead of 12" with stock tires and the caliper&rotor wont fit inside them so I have no rear brakes as a result. I haven't noticed them being any heavier then any other 6 ply tire myself. And yes I have noticed they will trench in the mud & sand if you get flipper happy but they do clean out easy in mud with a bit more flipper, you just have to get the technique down. they do seem to get better riding with some mileage on them and Ive noticed very little wear and I ride in some harsh conditions. For the money they are a hard tire to beat IMO.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I ever need replacement tires these and Bighorns will likely be the first two I look at.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

I hear nothing but good things about the Bighorns, I'd like to try riding a atv with a set on.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

I've got 26' swamplites on my 500 sportsman touring, only had them on for about 2 weeks now, running them all around at 4psi. So far they are a great tire, really go through the mud well, smooth on hardpack, but man do they dig a hole and fast if ya hit the throttle. So far though a great tire definitely happy with the purchase. Glad to hear they don;t wear fast either :-).

Old 10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

have about 700 miles on my set and they have been a very good all around tire...exceptional on pretty much any trail condition, very good gravel/asphalt road performance, better then expected in mud/water, and so far VERY good wear characteristics! The only short coming may be their somewhat average sand performance...
All in all, a GREAT tire for a wide variety of riding styles/conditions at a GREAT price to boot!

Quick Reply: Interco Swamplites