Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

what are some good mud tires for a honda rancher?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001 | 09:24 PM
|
Trailblazer

What is the best mud tires for a honda rancher, but is still easy to steer?

Old 05-04-2001 | 10:19 PM
Range Rover

What size Rancher?

Old 05-04-2001 | 10:30 PM
|
Trailblazer

honda rancher es

Old 05-05-2001 | 02:25 AM
Range Rover

What size Rancher? What do you mean by size? Do they come in different sizes? If so I want a bigger one

Old 05-05-2001 | 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

Do you want them for pure mud riding only, or mud with a combination of various other trail conditions? If pure mud is your choice, not much of anything else, you might consider the Outlaws from High Lifter, or the Vampires. For a lot of mud, with some of everything else as well, try the Bi/Tri Claw combination, or even just the Bi-Claws all the way around. The Titan 589 M/T (new design) would also be a good choice to compete with the 'Claws-both are awesome in the mud to say the least, and do just as awesome on the trails, very well mannered for such a heavy lugged tire.

Speaking of the heavy lugs, any of the tires mentioned will give you a great improvement on steering ease, due to less actual rubber on the ground, compared to the stock tires. My 27" Bi Claws up front on my 'Cat are WAY easier to steer than the stock Titan 489's, in a 25" size. As long as you keep the front tires relatively narrow (9"-10" max width), you'll find the heavy lugged tires to be very steering friendly-if that makes sense.

As far as I know, the Bi/Tri Claws are still about the only tire to measure at least true to stated size. The new 589's are supposed to be a true 27", but I've heard they're about an inch narrower than stated. My 'Claws actually measure between 1/8"-1/4" taller than the 27" stated size at recommended psi. As for my opinion of the 'Claws, they are definately an AWESOME tire. I am able to walk easily through places I couldn't even think about going through before with the stock tires. They work extremely well in the mud, yet still handle very nicely on any other trail condition possible. One thing to remember though, they do have a lot of "bite", so you won't be able to do the corner slides as easy with the 'Claws, and donuts on them are next to impossible, if that's your thing. They will pull you through damn near anything you are brave enough to attempt though,-truly a great tire. I have a few pictures of them at the link below-I think there's a closeup of the Bi Claws up front in some deep snow facing you, and a great rear view shot of the Tri Claws under the slide titled "kimpex rear bumper", or something of that sort. Those will give you a good idea of what they'll look like.

As for where to buy them, I went through High Lifter. The customer service is great-they really seem to care about their customers, and will give you the best advice for your wants or needs, making sure not to sell you something you won't be happy with in the long run. Prices are competative, and the shipping time was great-think it took 4 days from Shreverport to Washington state if I remember right under the normal shipping rate.

Best of luck with the search, hope that gives you a few options at least.

Mike

Old 05-05-2001 | 11:07 AM
Range Rover

Goodyear Mudrunners from www.treaddepot.com

Old 05-06-2001 | 03:14 AM
Range Rover

MY FRIEND JUST GOT (4) 25X10X12 DIRT DEVILS FOR HIS RANCHER AND HE IS IN LOVE WITH THEM.. WHEN YOU ARE IN A HOLE THEY SLING MUD LIKE ITS WATER!! HE GOT ALL 4 FOR 396.00 RIMS AND TIRES!!!!

Old 05-10-2001 | 08:20 AM
Trailblazer

For nothing but mud, I would reccomend 26" Outlaws, if you trail ride along with mud, go for 27" Bi/Tri Claw Magnums, I've seen Ranchers running both adn they seemed to do fine. I can't speakl for the Outlaws, but my front BiClaws are ALOT easier to steer than my stockers.

Old 05-12-2001 | 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

if your just runnin mud go with the vamps or outlaws.i would say either 26 or 25's. you can air the 25's up and the treads on those will give you so much ground clearance.

Old 05-15-2001 | 11:11 PM
Range Rover

I just got Mudrunners , 25 inch which is one inch larger than the orginals. I really like them. I tested them Sunday and you can't tell much difference in steering effort, it might even be a little lighter??

they can really dig now. overall, perfect upgrade in my oppion

Quick Reply: what are some good mud tires for a honda rancher?