Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Standard length Laeger A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the standard length Laeger a-arms worth the money. There supposed to have better camber and caster settings than the stock arms. Do they make any differnce at all in the handling?

Old 09-20-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

If it were me, I would just keep the stock ones unless you are doing some woods racing or something and REALLY need adjustable a-arms. The only benefit is the adjustability and maybe a lil more strength, but you can buy new stock A-rms for 60 bucks apiece, so if it were me, I would stay stock or extend.

Old 09-21-2001, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I have Laeger +2+1s, and the adjustability is crap. I would get some LSR or Roll design standards if i were you. I want some different aarms. Unless you get the pro-trax t-pin front end, dont get laeger.

Old 09-21-2001, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't mind me asking.. Why do you want standard length aftermarket arms? Unless you are going to be doing woods racing, or tight trail racing, I recommend staying stock or going wider. Stock will save you money(obviously) and wider will make your bike ALOT more stable. I can't imagine not having +2's after I put mine on. I just recently got LSR's race arms, and they're great. The adjustability isnt worth it in my opinion... But, they're going to be yours. The stock length A-Arms wouldnt make a difference in handling. I agree with crhye250r, you should either go with the Laeger Pro Trax with the T-Pin system, or LSR, Laeger, or Houser. Krypton is gaining a good reputation, but Houser has the LSR design. Great A-Arms.

Old 09-22-2001, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

Most of the places i ride are pretty tight. The guy that built my engine has them in stock. I want something that looks better than the stock ones (There chrome).He's asking 650 for them and im not going to spend that kind of money if its not going to make a handling differnce. He has a used set from when he used to race maybe he will let me borrow them so i can see how they work.

If i do go wider i may go for Houser just beacuse there shop is only 45 min. away if i need something.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-22-2001, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well, the replacement Laegers will make no handling difference. They aren't wider.. I'm not sure, but I doubt they're camber/castor adjustable.. So they'd be strictly replacements. I can understand you wanting them to look better, every bike looks better with some chrome! Have you ever thought of getting them dipped in chrome? If you can find a good shop to do it, they look GREAT! Good luck,

Old 09-22-2001, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

crhye250r-
I am setting my 88 R up for mx and was going to get laeger arms. What dont u like about your? I am just curious. ALSO, what does the roll design lobo front do that regualr lonestar aarms with the axis shocks cant do?

thanks matt

Old 09-22-2001, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the Lobo front end has a different design. The standard Race Arms are all you will ever need. The "Lobo" is the Banshee isnt it? I'm not sure.. Or is it the Outlaw??? Yeah, it's the outlaw.. nevermind

Old 09-24-2001, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

MXER,

The chrome lasts almost zero time. It turns to a nasty @$$ gold color, and they look like crap. I have had two of my ball joints break. I replaced all four with Volkswagon bjs (LOL, had too) and havnet had anoter problem. They are hell to adjust, and personally, unless you get the Tpin, i would get something else. Thats my personal experience.
-Clay