Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Do you have Maxis Roosters or Skat Trak Hauler Extremes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been looking as Skat trak Haulers for my 02 Raptor & saw the Roosters & Extremes. How do they compare to regular Haulers? How do they hook? Are they lighter? Will be ordering paddles in a couple of weeks & would like your feedback. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] ANYONE?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2002, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

skat trak extremes are the same height as the haulers and a very similal design. They are an extreme duty type paddle. Save your money and buy the haulers off the shelf from rocky mtn. I had 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers on my raptor(stock) and they were a little too much bite. It would pull them fine(13 tooth counter) and had the usual grat hauler traction but would not break them loose at will.
With the way you have yours built I think the 20x10x10 8 paddles would be about right. As for the Maxxis paddles I do not have experiance with them but generally the molded v paddles do not have the traction or acceleration to match the haulers. Good Luck !!!

Old 02-27-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

raptorron: Do you think 8 paddle 22X11X10's would be too much tire? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2002, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

Are you talking haulers ? Where do you ride, And what kind of riding do you usually do ??(i.e hillclimbs,trails,flat drags etc. If you race hills how steep and long? If you race flats how long?). If you are talking about haulers they would work but your gearing would be much higher with a tire of this size.Do you have a pair of this size available or just partial to this size ?? If you are play riding and occasional racing these will work OK once you get geared right. If you are buying new I would get 20's unless you need the ground clearance or lots of top speed.
Good Luck !!!!

Old 02-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I do 100 yard sand drags & play at little sahara in OK.There are some pretty good hills at sahara but nothing like out west. I tried 2 sets of 22x11x10's last weekend at the sand drags at Atoka all straight 10 paddles, Haulers & Chen Sengs.

They both had massive hook, it was a good thing I have a strong wheelie bar! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The gearing was no problem, as I found out Raptors have massive torque! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was hard on the wheelie bar well past the 60' light, it didn't start to come down until I shifted in to 2nd (WHAT A HOOT!!).

I'm hoping to try some 22X11X10 with 8 paddles & some 20X11X10 both 10 & 8 paddle when we race the 9th of march.

The 10 paddles would be great for drags but I don't think I'd be able to keep the front end down at the dunes. would there be a noticeable diffrence between the 10 & 8 paddle? or does the raptor have so much power that I'm going to have to get some angled paddles for the dunes & straight paddles for drags?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

Moose
I will be honest and tell you I have no experiance with formalsand drags...My experiance is play riding and informal hill drags. I know what hooks up good but have never run through timing lights. Your best bet is to try as many types and sizes as you can.
The timing lights don't lie (as long as your starts are consistant).
As far as hook up you can't beat a skat trak.. Haulers are good and they also make a "taller hauler" which hooks even better.
Good luck !!!