Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Tires......Bandits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires......Bandits?

I'm looking to replace the tires on my 87 Honda 250X, motor completely stock. The front tires are original from the factory, never been replaced, Pro Vectors I believe? The rear tires were replaced by the previous owner, and are Titan Turf Tamers. What would everyone suggest for tires? I ride in the southern california desert, dirt, rocky trails, and plan on riding the trails in the forest areas of central Ca., and plan on taking it up to the local mountains in the winter time for a little snow action. I have paddle tires for it when I hit up Glamis, so sand isn't an issue. I was looking at the Bandits, but all the previous posts I read mentioned Bandits being heavy, I am concerned with tires being too heavy for being a bone stock aging 250X. Are the Bandits that much heavier than the OEM tires on my 250X? Anone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 11-29-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

The bandits are a bit heavy. The trade off is do to how heavy they are they lest likely to get a flat. I've raced with the 21" xc ones one year in the local harescrambles and 2 years on the 23" xcr's I didn't get a signal flat all 3 three years. I feel the 23's are the best front tires for racing xc conditions. These things handle the mud great. I'm currently running 23" xct holeshot do to sponsor continegenticy (sp).
If weight is an issue got with a set of the razor or holeshot 4 ply's. Both are good tires. I would pick the razor slightly over the holeshot for the fronts do to better corner control.

However I'm not a fan of razor rear tires at all. They slide to much for my style of riding. The 22" xct holeshot are my rear tire of choice.

Old 11-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have razrs all the way around now! i used to have bandits all the way around! I like the bandits better for mud ridding! but for over all i like the razrs better!! and they are sooooo much lighter!