Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

New sound restrictions @ Glamis?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New sound restrictions @ Glamis?

I'll bet $ that the ranger buggy runs over 100db
oh yah and what about thier quads...you mean to tell me the rangers are going to abide by this

Noise restrictions in the desert are BS...this isn't someones front yard or a bird sanctuary...

Old 08-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would love to do something about it. After all it's our playground and the only people who are out there to be offended are us, and I personaly don't mind the sound of people's bikes roaring across a bowl in fith gear having a blast. It's like someone sending you a letter and telling you that you can't turn your air conditioner below 72 in your house, but they'll never be in your house. Frickin tree huggers! Has any one heard the ASA's view on this?

Old 08-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

These limits have always been on place just never enforced until the handling of the money changed. ALL the money from these tickets go to Imperial County now so it will be the sheriff giving these tickets and not the blm. This only applies to ATV's so far, not buggies.

If you want to get involved please join and support and Org! The ASA and www.duners.org are 2 good ones. (Sign up as a paid member ($10) to DUNERS and get a free subscription to Sand Addiction magazine)

The ASA has done a lot for the dunes but I think on this issue they are 'going with the flow', meaning they don't like it but will encourage members to comply.

DUNERS on the other hand is trying to get Glamis exempt, which will no be easy! Imperial County is already smog exempt, why can't it be sound exempt also?
Sadly it's all about money.

Join an ORG!! You spend tons of money to play in the sand, what if it was ALL GONE?