Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Wet Sand...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Sand...

If it's real heavy then it sticks to the paddles and you'll just cavitate under heavy throttle.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Range Rover
Default Wet Sand...

I went over to Glamis last month, just after a heavy rain! My paddles beat me to death on my KX500 and my V- Force. Never a gain will I go to the dunes without all my tire options! I think the worst of it was the front tires on my V-Force, I had IMS Sand Stars on it and the ruts almost riped the bars out of my hands. I probably would have been better with Hole Shots on the front and paddles on the rear.

Alan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 12:17 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wet Sand...

Originally posted by: selector
At least everyone's penalized the same, just sucks that it's so slow.
famous drag racer said something along those lines, i believe it went like this:

"My fear isnt that the track conditions are going to slow me down, its if the guy next to me doesnt have the same problem."

Old 12-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wet Sand...

went to little sahara this weekend just after the rain and wind and rode some of the best conditions ive ever seen. Hard to beat untracked packed sand thats wet about 4 inches down. The front end of the zilla was barely touching ground all day. If you havnt had a good time in wet sand try it again whene its fresh!!

2 weeks to Glamis for the first time!!! cant wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wet Sand...

Originally posted by: LTSRFASTER
went to little sahara this weekend just after the rain and wind and rode some of the best conditions ive ever seen. Hard to beat untracked packed sand thats wet about 4 inches down. The front end of the zilla was barely touching ground all day. If you havnt had a good time in wet sand try it again whene its fresh!!

2 weeks to Glamis for the first time!!! cant wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Your first time at glamis? Congrats, It is a great place. Do you know where you are going to camp? Only reason i'm asking is unless you want to camp in a crazy area, you will have to go down many washes to find some peace and quiet (and eat less dust).

Old 12-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wet Sand...

Only reason i'm asking is unless you want to camp in a crazy area, you will have to go down many washes to find some peace and quiet (and eat less dust).
Ain't that the truth.

LTSR: Yer gonna appreciate Little Sahara a lot once you've been to Glamis. The only thing it's got on us is acreage and the party scene.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wet Sand...

Only reason i'm asking is unless you want to camp in a crazy area, you will have to go down many washes to find some peace and quiet (and eat less dust).
Ain't that the truth.

LTSR: Yer gonna appreciate Little Sahara a lot once you've been to Glamis. The only thing it's got on us is acreage and the party scene.
The party scene is GREAT, but now i'm a dad and we can't camp the way we used to. There are still many miles of empty camping areas. This is much safer. I'd love to go to Little Sahara though.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wet Sand...

Ain't that the truth.LTSR: Yer gonna appreciate Little Sahara a lot once you've been to Glamis. The only thing it's got on us is acreage and the party scene.
I'll agree on that.
I never run paddles. They slow you down after the initial launch on anything other then a hillshoot and you can't flick the back end around and they suck for jumping.. Z400 Dunlops is the best knobby tire I found in the sand due to it's wider open tread pattern..

Old 12-09-2003, 12:42 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Wet Sand...

Sandgod,
Do you run knobbies in the summer too?

Old 12-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Wet Sand...

I was planning on some where towards the end of gecko rd by the bigger dunes, hopping that it wouldnt be to out of control we'll get ther sat afternoon the 20th staying in 21' toy hauler. I dont want to get stuck in the sand so im hoping this is a good idea to stay in one of the loops on gecko are they paved or packed dirt?? I think its only going to be 3 of us were staying until either wendsday or thursday. Thanks for the help ..

03 hp300
88lt500r
91lt250r

Quick Reply: Wet Sand...