Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Haulers or Roosters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulers or Roosters?

I've got a Raptor which would be better? Haulers or Maxxis Roosters? Any size recommended?

Old 02-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same question about a month ago when i was buying paddles, for a strait blade hill climbing paddle there is nothing better then a hauler. The rooster adds weight that you don't need.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Rooster b/c of the mini blades that help with turning. For just hill climbs and drag racing, I like the Haulers.

Old 02-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

i would run haulers cause i didnt really notice a difference between the straight blade and the v paddle when it comes to turnin.in a straight line there is nothin better than a 22-12-8 ultralite hauler.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

haulers they seem to do real well

Old 02-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

I have the Maxxis Rooster Pro wedge for my KFX. One suggestion, If you are a occassionly duner that just like to ride recreational style, some hill climbing, whatever, than the Rooster will do just fine. But if you ride with alot of aggressive riders like I do, then get the haulers. I ended up buying the ITP Sandstars. Like them alot. I posted an comparison between roosters and the sandstars

I was able to compare the Maxxis rooster Pro Wedge with the ITP Sand Star. Both have the Vshape paddle (most of you know that already) and have their own custom design. Maxxis has a sharp V, like a tight check mark and has small grooves across the main body of tire. According to Maxxis, this tire was designed for soft sand. Now the ITP has more of a lazy V shape. Gives you more of a straight hook up and with those added “mini” paddles between each main paddle, it almost act like a straight paddle. I have not compare them with a straight paddle, so this is just my opinion. If you stand them up to each other, their about the same height from a flat surface to the top of the paddle. Now the rooster has a bigger sidewall and a wider square stance with around ¾ inch paddle. The paddles are firm with little flex. The Sand Star has less sidewall and a rounder stance with around an inch paddle. Its paddles are moderate firm with moderate flex. They are both 20x11x10 mounted on ITP’s. Now for traction, the rooster, I feel has a little better than stock. It may just seem like it though. Their not a drag or steep hill climbing paddle. More for the recreational duner. The Sand Stars have excellent traction. Last Monday, myself and a friend went to spinreel. He bought the new Sand Stars. He rode for three hours. I was able to ride with them on his KFX. His quad is bone stock. I was able to start at the base of a steep hill and climb it with no problem. So after lunch, I put them on my KFX (signature line for mods). Then did the same process of high climbing. I ripe up the hill like nothing. Almost had to stand on my handlebars to keep the front end down. I was very impressed by the overall experience with the Sand Stars. You can get the ITP for 50 to 65 dollars. The Maxxis cost me 68.99 each. I’ll probably get those (maybe next summer) but until then I’ll stay with the roosters.

I do have the rooster for sell. $70 for both (Tires only) yours plus shipping

Larry

Old 03-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

I should show you a link to wht my Roosters looked like after less than one day of wear on sand... EVERY SINGLE paddles had a tear you could stick three fingers threw![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]And YES.. These were rode on stricly Sand and had a handful on wittnesses to prove it..... I was disgusted and sent pics to RMATV and they notified Maxxis and sent them the pics as well, after about a month of griping, I finally got a refund and went with Extreme Haulers..MUCH better and more durable paddle IMO. I would never suggest a Rosster paddle after our experience.....Tina

Old 03-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

Heres what my roosters look like after last summer

Pic

Larry

Old 03-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Atving4Christ
Heres what my roosters look like after last summer

Pic

Larry
Glad to see you have had good luck with yours!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Heres what mine looked like..... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...s&pagenumber=4

Old 03-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Pro Rider

id like to see 'em, but it doesnt work unless u register. can you post it in your pix on here?

Quick Reply: Haulers or Roosters?