Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dumont vs. Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont vs. Glamis

Ok here is my situation, my dad and i are planning a dune trip out to glamis in the up and coming November but i was just wondering how it compared to Dumont, I have been to dumont before and even though my z has some trouble is still does ok for the most part and it is really fun to ride. I was just wondering if the dunes in Glamis are way bigger then that of dumont, I know glamis has more area then dumont but are the dune heights bigger, and does glamis have razors all over the place too, im just looking for comparison stuff like that to get a feel of how the dunes are at glamis

Old 07-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

it varies where you go, the farther back the dunes are in glamis the bigger they get , there are some big ones up front also just alot more to ride, if you had fun at dumont and liked to ride it i wouldent see a problem with the glamis dunes, ..you could ride all day or the weekend in the closest dunes to camp at glamis but then get back into the farthest parts and then you get to china wall, i dont think you would be climbing that on a stock 400, but it's fun trying..

Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ehhh, i think the ride from Gecko rd (camp) to China Wall defeats the glory of that hill. There are some nice nice sections to China Wall that when I get there, I just want to go back to ride through them again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I dont think I've ever stayed at the wall for more than 15 minutes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

my z400 is not stock, i got an alba pipe and jet kit and i got a k@n with outerwears and no airbox lid, it does ok at dumont im really looking forward to going to glamis, everything i hear is good and i cant wait to ride out there

Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 AM
HA2
Pro Rider

there are witches eyes that you need to be aware of and look out for when riding.

just dont crest any dunes with serious speed or straight on...always crest at an angle that follows the razor's peaks. the dunes at Glamis sometimes get tight and are easy to lose groups at, ecspecially if there is a lot of people around. Remember to get your camp permit and be aware of the large amounts of rangers around camps and the hill. they dont appreciate obviously stupid and dangerous riding around camp grounds and they LOVE to prey on people without whips/flags. its the perfect oppurtunity to look for other things wrong with you and your bike.

bring paddles, camera and a beer by my camp for responding to this thread god d@mn it!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I definately recommend you go to glamis.
I personnally like riding from gecko road to china wall, dont stay there to long it get boring, then i head out to oldsmobile hitting as many bowls as i can. few runs at olds. then head out to boardmanville. (local bar). its a great ride. then i head back to camp from oldsmobile. I never take the sand highway. its a long ride and not much fun. specially if you have a thumb throttle.
I also recommend you take a night ride.
no matter what you do glamis is a great place to be.
I havntr been to dumont but plan on heading out there for labor day. i hear its really hot so i'm going to go for a night ride. are you allowed there at night? i hope so. if not i'll head out to mexico.
have fun!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Range Rover

Just to let you know, you can ride at dumont during the night, and it is really fun. It is so wild to crest over the top of a razor and not know what is on the other side, im sure you will have a blast

Old 07-28-2004, 12:46 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

i dont like the boardmansville ride because of that stupid processed road you gotta ride on. i cant wait to do the poker run again anyway, that was an awesome ride.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

If you've done Dumont go to Glamis!

everything else has been said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When are you planning on it?
We have a large group coming (from as far away as WI) out for Thankasgiving and we will be on the southeast end of the dunes where it is a more mellow crowd.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Dumont or Glamis? ....... both! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Dumont vs. Glamis