Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dune Fest was sweet, who went?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dune Fest was sweet, who went?

Originally posted by: ezap1
I was there. and was dissappointed. the sand and the dunes are great, the facists running the dunefest sucked. the people who ran safety inspections must work for Donald rumsfield, and the Dept. of Oregon Duneland security. come on, pat searches, looking for hidden spots on your machine to see if your sneaking in a can of beer. and the worst part, coming to our RV and demanding to search inside. the only option was to leave, with no refund. all the people i talked to who had attended in past years, all are disspointed by the draconian security measures. but mind you, selective enforcement. so concerned with people sneaking in a six-pack, they never bothered to enforce the noise limit.
I will come back, but never to Dunefest
I was there on Saturday just to watch the Drag races. Searhing everything was a bit much. (I don't agree with that kind of tactic) but this was my first time to this event and i've only heard storys of previous events. I can only guess that the DRUNKEN rowdiness drove the authorities to this form of search and seizure TATICS. I hope that future events will be more people oriented, and the searching and seizing stops, but all of us must make sure that we mind our manners.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

i never got searched at all.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cheesedog
i went for the first time and let me tell you those dunes were killer!! i think that the dune fest event sucked, but the dune riding was great. i do plan on going back but it wont be on dune fest sorry.
I have to agree with you guys!!!!!!! I have gone for the last 4 years, this year was the worst. If next year does not change the crowd will be down even more!!!!I heard it will change for next year. I will be watching & waiting before we make plans for next year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sandbomber,

It was good meeting you at Dunefest. As for next year, I can't go into too much detail, but I have been somewhat successful at getting some considerations and changes proposed by the Reedsport C of C comittee for next year. I have gotten Fullbore (Fest sponsor from three years ago) to talk to them again as well as some other significant entities in the ATV world. My intent is to rejuvenate Dunefest back to it's old glory. I understand some of their concerns, but it should not be a choke hold on ATV enthusiast attending in the true spirit of the sport. We should be able to come to some sort of balance between safety concerns and actually having fun. I will try to keep you folks in the loop as things progress. Dunefest should be a premier ATV event and in my personal opinion (no insult intended), nobody loves their ATV riding like folks from the Northwest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Take care and be safe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey terry since you have someones ear they should concider two tracks, and more course events. the guys that race spend to much time in line. and maybe a little better posting of events, since someone missed the fourstroke class due to misprint on that. anything they can do to get people involved is going to help the event. and didn't they have a mx track in the sand two years ago? lot of people want something like that.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: afterburner
Sandbomber,

It was good meeting you at Dunefest. As for next year, I can't go into too much detail, but I have been somewhat successful at getting some considerations and changes proposed by the Reedsport C of C comittee for next year. I have gotten Fullbore (Fest sponsor from three years ago) to talk to them again as well as some other significant entities in the ATV world. My intent is to rejuvenate Dunefest back to it's old glory. I understand some of their concerns, but it should not be a choke hold on ATV enthusiast attending in the true spirit of the sport. We should be able to come to some sort of balance between safety concerns and actually having fun. I will try to keep you folks in the loop as things progress. Dunefest should be a premier ATV event and in my personal opinion (no insult intended), nobody loves their ATV riding like folks from the Northwest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Take care and be safe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
It was great to be at Dune Fest! First for me! I was running Sandbombers 418 red white and blue Banchee.... There will be many more drag races in my future[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That is with the aproval of Sandbomber[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i don't think that sandbomber will be the problem i think he would drag race shopping carts if there was a class for those.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Range Rover

i was pretty impressed with sandbombers toys. if i was sandbomber i would let king race again, he did a great job......
speakng of racing, there is drag races in winchester on the 14-16 of august. i saw some signs when we were there for dunefest. anyone seen any video's yet on dunefest???free!!!

Old 08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wasn't there and never have, but after reading all of your guys comments about it
I think it might just be good to ride in a different spot. What goes on at the Dunefest?

1992 Banshee

Old 08-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its just a big quad get together. Race, ride, race, ride, race, race & race. It is a kick and will be there next year to race shopping carts & bar stools if the class is there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Dune Fest was sweet, who went?