Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Glamis questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis questions

I am from Memphis TN. me and a couple of my buddies are going to be making a trip to glamis this december.
I have a few questions.
first off is there any glamis locals on this message board?
i would love to meet more people up there and maybe a local could show us around??

my major concern is that i have read and been told by various places/people that the forest service will conduct random checks for spark arrestors/ decible levels
is this true???

i am really concerned because now that i am old enough to travel and ride out of state with my buddies we plan on going to many other places and i dont want to waste 700 bucks on a pipe that i get in trouble for using

if true what is the consequence for having illegal exhaust.

i want the white brothers carbon pro exaust but i have not found it to be compliant with usfs regulations so i have no problem getting the yoshimura pipe which is approved if the forest service does perform checks

thanks a lot guys

Old 09-20-2004, 05:14 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glamis questions

first off is there any glamis locals on this message board?
Me. You can PM me before you head out if you want to meet up at the hill sometime and I'm heading out that weekend. Also check out
www.glamisdunes.com for more glamis nerds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

my major concern is that i have read and been told by various places/people that the forest service will conduct random checks for spark arrestors/ decible levels
Yes. http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...howtopic=27247

make sure you always have a whip on your vehicles/atv's (truck too if you plan on driving it around after you guys set up camp) and to purchase a camping permit from the machines (you'll see them, trust me) as soon as you enter the site or setup camp. youll need one for every truck or car. also a good idea to keep the bikes registration on board with you when you ride. they will ask for this when you get pulled over if at all. good luck and have fun.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis questions

On off holliday weekends, if you camp in the washes you will most likely not see a ranger let alone get a ticket for your exhaust. but you must have a whip, helmet, and no double riding. That will attract rangers. same with guns and fireworks, burning tires and mag blocks ect. I hardly see rangers unless your at the hill or flat drags. less rangers at olds though. hope this can help. Late

Old 10-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Glamis questions

I have the GYT-R aluminum pipe on my YFZ, sans silencer. Should I worry about this? I am planning a Glamis trip for Halloween and really do not want my weekend ruined by some bored ranger. Anyone? It says in the literature that it is 102 dB, what is the limit out there? If anyone knows or can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis questions

Don't forget you need cash to ride/camp! Its like some outrageous $25 for a day pass! And I think you might need an out of state vehicle permit. Its all on the site HA2 posted.

HA2 you going this weekend?

Old 10-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Glamis questions

Regarding prices for passes/camping....I hope the price of the annual pass doesnt go up anymore. It was $90 last season which is well worth it if you go more than 4 or 5 times. Does anyone know about my pipe?

Old 10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis questions

Originally posted by: 04yfz450
Does anyone know about my pipe?
Dude, I would not worry about your pipe, especially on Halloween! I will be out there too! and so will everyone in southern california! So, I doubt there will be a bored ranger unless you are one of those people who attrack bad things to happen? Than I don't know what your gonna do! j/k, Just ride reasonable and don't do anything stupid and make sure you are registered! I never hear about someone getting written up for a pipe that was too loud. Or better yet ride next to a dune buggy! haha! That will confuse them!

Old 10-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glamis questions

NO Dought, the last thing they will stop you for is a loud pipe, but if you dont have a whip or are doing something stupid on gecko road and they stop you that would be the only chance. So the moral of the story is............... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Glamis questions

Thats what I figured guys. I am a responsible rider, and I carry full coverage on my quad for anything out of the ordinary that may happen. I always wear my helmet and have a lighted Stiffy whip with the proper color orange flag, and all that. I guess I am one of the few who actually follows the rules out there, but I do wanna go fast too....and I wann ahave fun doing it, not get pulled over out there. Maybe we should have a huge meeting out in the Dunes on Halloween, go for a little group ride out to China Wall. Who's down?

Old 10-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glamis questions

Just have fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Glamis questions