Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Crash at Dumont Sat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default See crash at Dumont Sat?

My friends son James was riding a borrowed Banshee at Dumont yesterday and was hit by a sandrail. You might have seen James race ANNIHILATER with his CR500 in the past. Anyway James was choppered into UMC and has a concussion and broke his back in 3 places, not paralized but a long road to recovery and they have no insurance. Someone stole his new blue helmet from the crash site so if you hear of anyone finding it pls let us know.

Also I am trying to help the family replace the wrecked Banshee so if anyone knows of a frame or roller pls let us know. About the only thing good on the bike is the motor. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Crash at Dumont Sat?

HOLY smokes!! Man that sucks!! Im sorry to hear that, he is such a cool kid. I take it you found the guy who hit him? If so he should pay anyways! Where did this happen? Was it the orange rail that flipped at comp hill? I hope to GOD he has a full recovery. We got one crash on film, but I dont know if it is the same incedent. If by any chance it is, you can have a copy if needed for legal purposes. Keep us updated, and I will keep my eyes open about the banshee parts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

IWEB- Check your PM.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:33 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

Dang that stinks, I saw Flight for life fly to the police site.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

i hope he's ok, glad to hear he's not paralyzed...on the other hand:

somebody stole his helmet at the crash site!?!? wtf is up with that! that is sooooo messed up, it pisses me off. first off, why would u steal a helmet from somebody who was wearing it when he was hit by a sand rail, that thing needs to be replaced, second off, why would u steal anything from anybody simply because another idiot injured them? people are stupid. i hope ur friend is ok.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is anybody who hasn't had a few close calls with a sandrail!

Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

my 11 year almost got waxed by one of the crazy ba$terds. marios wife saw it. just to many people not being carefull.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

i actually jumped the front end of a sand rail once, he stopped at the top of the dune i was jumping, and he waved for me to go, unfortunately once i started moving i couldn't see the top of the dune, but i figured he would jus stay in the same spot right? wrong, as i came over the top, he had backed up and was turning around. why exactly did he wave for me to go again???

Old 11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

i love the dunes, but there is just too many idiots out there.

of course, i am assuming it was the guy driving the sandrails fault.

am i right?

Old 11-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Dang, that is f'd up. I wish him a speedy recovery. Those rail riders need to be more careful. They think they own the dunes out there and really don't watch out for others.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

I think it was the rails fault as James rode up on a little razor to look over the other side to make sure no one was there and then started riding down the razor when the rail slammed into him as he was crossing the same razor from the other side. We are going to get a copy of the Rangers report in 2 weeks and get the guys name and if he was drunk or drinking. Good news, wife just came home and they finally read the MRI's and there are NO broken or cracked bones in his back like the x-rays showed, just one compressed disk. WOOOOHOO.

ANNIHILATER, I PM'd you back and then the wife came in with this news. Maybe James can race you again on Thanksgiving! Thanks for the info and help and as in the PM, a call to Steve would be greatly appreciated, the family is still out probably $30-$40,000 in costs and no insurance.

Quick Reply: Crash at Dumont Sat?