Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dyno In the San Diego Area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno In the San Diego Area?

yup, ill be handing out jets and needles.

So...where would you like yours...lol

Old 12-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Dfitz
There's one in Alpine.

Where bouts in Alpine? Thanks.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Alpine is out 8 east about 7 miles past El Cajon. Between Harbison canyon and Viejas. If you travel 8 to go to the desert it's the Tavern road and Willow's exits. PM me if you want the # of the place that has the Dyno.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ask what kind of Dyno those people have. Alot of shops have Dyno Jeet Dynos ( nothing wrong with them, but they are limited - and don't always give the most accurate measurements) We bought a Factory Pro ATV Dyno which really helps us not only make sweep charts ( overall measurements of Horsepower, and Torque) but the Factory Pro also allows us to step tune machines in RPM incrememnts. The advantage of this is being able to measure how effecient the engine is running under loads at all RPM ranges, thus telling us how exactly how the jetting specs are working, and where the machine may have lean/rich spots. Our head tech has been able to do some incredible things with this dyno including pulling 65 HP out of a mildly built Banshee ( porting, head mod, Crank Welded and Balanced and Toomeys) We went from 60 HP today to 65 just by changing to Maxima 927 and Trick 110 Fuel mixed at 20:1 and jetting accordingly. That's 5 HP just from oil/fuel and Jetting.

Also.. Dyno Jets will read Higher HP (crank HP) vs the Factory Pro which tells you actual rear wheel HP. So our Banshee would probably measure well over 70 HP on a Dyno Jet Dyno. Make some phone calls and make sure the people you use know what they are doing. An inexperienced person running a machine on a Dyno can blow up your motor easily.

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

It is only big enough for a quad and motorcycles. Don't know the type.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

what information can you learn from a dyno?where is that place in alpine? or where is mad racing?i saw a company called rocket out at glamis during the 4 stroke wars. i didnt get any info from them but i know they are out there somewhere.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Alpine 619-445-3509

Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yfzpilot, sorry i didnt notice this earlier but lucky for you i just did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

a hp number is just a hp number. One dyno being harder to pull good numbers from doesnt make it a better dyno, its just the way its built. If that is your logic next time buy a superflo and really watch it make your customers tear up lol. Dynojets too have a waterbrake and they do exactly the same thing yours does. I own a new dyno jet and it reads on par with 2 other dynojets in my same area. So, yes they are accurate and consistant with others in the state. Remember hp is just a number and its not for bragging, only tuning.

havent heard of many people picking up 8% just by going to a non-oxygenated race fuel. Unless you were poorly jetted or detonating...

Old 01-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

blind, a dyno will help you tune your bike in. It will tell you how your bike is running and show you where the motor is struggling during its run. It can show you if your clutch is slipping, if you are running lean or rich, and also check hp and torque among other things.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

The biggest difference between our factory pro dyno, and most dyno jet's is that we have the ability to do complete exhaust gas analysis step tests. We can also take this information and have custom needles built to fine tune jetting specific to what a machine needs. I have not seen a dyno that is this capable, and produces such great results. So my original post was to inform people that there is in fact a huge difference in peoples dyno set ups, and that some dynos really leave the tech to have to guess what the engine needs based on hp/torque sweep charts vs. a detailed analysis of the bikes exhaust gasses and hp and torque curve at every rpm. In a nutshell the Factory Pro dyno we have will without any guess work tell us where and how an engine is running inefeciently. It's a much more useful tool for us and our customers.

Quick Reply: Dyno In the San Diego Area?