Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

What kind of Duners do You Know?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of Duners do You Know?

...Did take a long time to read but worth evry min. I'd say I'm the "AA dunner" but I don't think I have a low self esteem. And I think a little bit of the "unlucky dunner".

Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

playing around and found this, i couldnt stop laughing.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

omg....that hurt me to read....lololololol

Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

owwwwwww my eyes won't come out of blurry mode.
I hate the can't get up in the morning duner why are ya even there?????
Then he moons you after 45 min. of yelling and his but print is on your camper window[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

That was very funny! We don't really have any dunes around me. I would still like to ride at Glamis or somewhere comparable though.....

Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I add a few?

**** duner - this guy just HAS to have everything in camp "just right", and it takes him an hour longer to unload/load his vehicle than anyone in camp.

Paramedic drinker duner - he drinks so much he sticks himself with an IV he brought along to re-hydrate in the morning.

Clapped quad duner - rides an atv (usually an LT250R) that looks like an abortion w/parts from several other brands, and for some reason an air filter that likes to fall off near China Wall. Typically doesn't do maintenance and suffers from float height issues on every trip. Everytime this guy is seen, people wonder how that quad is still running.

Tow-me duner - he carries a tow rope because he's still running an '01 tranny in his Raptor... Any time now...

Me-too duner - owns a quad, a 26' WW and an F-350 because everyone else does. He's broken a collar bone rolling it over a crest at 5 mph. Does more camping than riding.

Army duner - he brings grenade launchers, airsoft guns and night vision stuff for entertainment. Lit a bush on fire near another camp with a flare.

In need of a chick duner - this was the guy riding with 12 ****** superglued to his helmet. Dude, that's just wrong!

Old school duner - still has a pair of JT boots and pants circa 1986.

Camping lite duner - sleeps in his truck, eats cold canned food, ready to ride all the time.

Buzz-kill duner - This guy can't help but talk about his miserable life around the campfire.

Just bought me a quad duner - He's the guy taking a dirt nap in a witch's eye on friday afternoon. Just couldn't wait to hit those dunes for the first time in his life.

Don't know why I'm here duner - this guy gets invited to go to the dunes, has no idea what camping is like and trys to use the RV microwave w/o the generator running - which prompts the inevitable "how's this work?" question. Then he gets car sick in a sandrail. Never to return.

All of these are true. Most are my friends - until they read this post...

Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

SandmanBlue, do we know the same people???? lololol

j/k I only know about 1/2 of those types but I've seen them all...lol

Old 01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the dunes enough and you'll see everyone listed in this thread. It's funny how people just fit these descriptions SO well. BTW - the "Just bought a quad duner" was me on my 1987 200X three wheeler. 30 seconds after starting my bike in Buttercup, I'm on my head in the sand. I'm also the cold canned food guy, and darn near the Type "A" Personality duner except I don't brag about the ride, never blame the dunes for a bad line I pick, I listen to other people, but if their way off base I don't hold back, I ALWAYS make sure no one is left behind by riding at the slowest persons pace, don't have a mirror and have been in sales for 12 years. I also hate losing at the hills and am always doing something to my atv or bike to make is better/faster.

I want to go riding now...

Old 01-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Whats with clapped quad guy? I have had 7 quads, and have never adjusted my floats. I don't know why,or how, anyone could have to mess with a simple thing so much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, it is good to see that guy, it means I'm at the dunes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]