Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

which paddles for my yfz450

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which paddles for my yfz450

what would the best paddles be for my yfz450. Ill be doin mostly dune riding cruising around and i will be hillshootin a little bit. I was set on the ITP Sandstars but i have since heard they are heavy, and that i should look into a lighter paddle... So what would you guys recomend.... my yfz will soon have a KN filter, be jetted, and either a Yoshi, pulsecharger, fmf factory 4, or dubach exhaust on it. thanks for helpin me out guys

Old 05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

I have used alot of different paddles out there and the best out there are definetly the skat-traks extreme hauler. They are light weight and you get lots of traction.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I havent seen the paddles your talking about but are they straight or v-blade. I prefer vblade paddles. not sure why but the ones ive driven with just felt better to ride on....... also what about the maxxis rooster vblade?

Old 05-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

if your a striaght dragger or drag most of the time........get the haulers, your grab very good, but if u do half and half or more roaming then dragging get the v-blade, some skat trak's sound good..corners real nice for those awesome roosts and climbs pretty good but not as good as haulers, but u have 450f so dont worry u kick everyones @$$ specially adding that yoshi [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just make sure to jet it properly and if u do lots of sand riding get a k&N outterwear filter keep your stuff clean and sand free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
happy duning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04Yfz450rider
what would the best paddles be for my yfz450. Ill be doin mostly dune riding cruising around and i will be hillshootin a little bit. I was set on the ITP Sandstars but i have since heard they are heavy, and that i should look into a lighter paddle... So what would you guys recomend.... my yfz will soon have a KN filter, be jetted, and either a Yoshi, pulsecharger, fmf factory 4, or dubach exhaust on it. thanks for helpin me out guys
I run the 20X10X10 8 paddle haulers on mine.
Your YFZ will pretty much be able to turn any paddle (Sand Stars or whatever) without problem, so don't let that hold you back unless you are going to get heavy into dragging.

The "edge" are also made by Skat Trak (same co who makes the haulers), and they are the "V" type paddle tires.

The Sand Stars should be good for your type of riding too, and are pretty inexpensive to boot!
I have heard good things about the Sand Stars, so don't necessarily count them out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

Check this site out.

Skat Trak tires

Old 05-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I havent seen the paddles your talking about but are they straight or v-blade. I prefer vblade paddles. not sure why but the ones ive driven with just felt better to ride on....... also what about the maxxis rooster vblade?
check the swap meet section i have a set of skat trax edges for a yamaha with blue label's used only a few trips 150.00

Old 05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanks for the offer but im going to pass. I have decided to get either the ITP sandstars, Skat Trak II, or skat-trak edges. thanks for all the help guys. Happy Duning

Old 05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanks for the offer but im going to pass. I have decided to get either the ITP sandstars, Skat Trak II, or skat-trak edges. thanks for all the help guys. Happy Duning
Just for your info, the Skat trak edges you listed as one of your choices are the ones that 344PV is offering you at a decent discount.
Might want to at least get in touch with him about them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun
Just for your info, the Skat trak edges you listed as one of your choices are the ones that 344PV is offering you at a decent discount.
Might want to at least get in touch with him about them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
classic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: which paddles for my yfz450