ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   KERMIT CHATTER (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/228649-kermit-chatter.html)

DuneDragin 01-23-2006 08:48 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

For general conversations chatter away HERE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Have fun!!

Start with a Kermit joke:

Why can't Miss Piggy count to 100?

She has a frog in her throat when she reaches 69! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Raptorlegs 01-23-2006 09:01 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Now did raptory give his blessing on this? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-23-2006 10:57 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Sampson you ever see anyone with 2 and 3 kids on a big quad? NOT smart.
I guess life does not come with an instruction book!!
Come on RAIN... love to be on the sand after a a little rain.....man you can get some major hook up!!
Jetted my quad this time of year in moist conditions...

I hope the piggy joke is ok. I can count to 77. I get 8 more.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

TXduneripper 01-23-2006 11:14 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Hey- it rained on us at the drive inn saturday night for about ohhh....I don't know....15 SECONDS!!!

Raptorlegs 01-23-2006 11:31 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: TXduneripper
Hey- it rained on us at the drive inn saturday night for about ohhh....I don't know....15 SECONDS!!!
Been once. Did the same thing. Just long enough to make us pack everything and turn the suv around. Little cool in the evening for me right now. May have to wait until spring to try it again.

Did you try a chihuahua? Hear they're good but I didn't want to wait 2 hours in line.

And I've been know to tote my youngins around on mine. But it's OK because I haven't learned how to wreck yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 12:02 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] first thing I wanted to know about a quad was how to crash it...what are the limits??? 3 times the first day...the over the back flip, the side slide and nose drop!! Once I had that mastered...I had every thing in the middle down pat!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 12:15 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

I must add the quad always landed on all four tires....so nothing major!!

scootergptx 01-24-2006 08:12 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Looks like you may get some rain, if you trust the weatherman. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The pig joke will be ok, as long as no pigs were harmed in the telling of that joke.

Raptorlegs 01-24-2006 10:01 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

First ATV I road was about 17-18 years ago. I was used to dirt bikes and the first thing I did was put my foot down and run the rear tire right up my calf. Think I limped for a week.

TXduneripper 01-24-2006 11:51 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

knock on wood...I haven't done anything to injure myself yet....and if I did do something stupid...I managed to ride it out...i do NOT want to hurt myself..haha

no- didn't try the chihuahua-- maybe next time~

and NO scooter...I do not trust the weatherman [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 02:20 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

I need a sticker on my quad "CAUTION: Rider may BAIL at any time" ! Duck and roll.
On sand the landing is not much worse than water skiing...The last thing I want is to get tangled up with the machine!! Of course, I'm not worried about breaking my neck cause I got a bucket on my head.
On rugged terrain I'll ride it out.
Should have included in the guideline page?
RULE #1 Never put your feet down. Sampson it will make you walk funny. Also my worst injury (that or the hole). Can some one get the quad off you when it chews you up, racers do not have reverse?!
Rule #2 Do not use front brake on downhill run. My friend demonstrated this manuver T-giving. Brand spanking new Raptor 700, she had that moment of hesitation about direction to take at the bottom...did the full front filp with a half twist and was still mounted at the bottom of the hill. Yea, her neck was SORE.
Rule #3 Feather the clutch on short uphill run. Do not rev the engine and pop the clutch...lol a Tecate 3 wheeler will shoot out from under you like a bullett. Yes, I did that one on a sand (ramp) bump not ten feet from parking (I was not in 2nd gear like I thought). My favorite place to pull a stunt is full view! Or on the trail..."do you think you can make it up?"..."oh, yea...I'll GET IT!"
Rule #4 They don't call it a FIXED object for no reason.
Rule #5 Nylon rain pants are slick. You could loose your mount in the turn. The Kid demonstrated this one.
Rule #6 Your not Tarzan. Stay out of the trees. Only time blood was involved, right Tarzan?
Rule #7 Dismount on uphill side and hold on till help arrives. I didn't want to break my plastic!
Rule #8 A quad is not a bumper car. Dad, unless you knocking someone off a tree stump before they tip over and roll down the mountian side.
Rule #9 Carry at least 1 extra spark plug for each quad and/or a tow rope. Happened several times.
Rule #10 If the quad is steaming or smoking...get off, walk away! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rule #11 Once you launch the quad, THE BRAKES DO NOT WORK IN THE AIR.
Rule #12 Gas it! Ride it like you rented it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Raptorlegs 01-24-2006 02:37 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Had a buddy trying to learn how to wheelie and wrecked like 15 times in one day. Had a bloody chin from where he hit the handle bars but that was it. I'll give him credit though, the guy kept getting back up.

Been funnier though if it hadn't been on my trike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

KeelGirl22 01-24-2006 08:33 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

ewww, it's never good when they are on your machines!

Raptorlegs 01-24-2006 08:43 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Could have been worse I guess. I was pretty good at doing wheelies doubled up but the first time I took my wife out (then GF) we went off the back and I landed right on top of her.

And you guys thought running out of gas was slick? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

KeelGirl22 01-24-2006 09:48 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

LOL! i bet you never lived that one down! i lost a passenger once....i couldnt understand why he never wanted to ride with me again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 09:58 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

I swept my snowmobile passenger off with a tree limb!!
"why didn't you tell me to duck!!"
He did get back on thou[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

KeelGirl22 01-24-2006 10:09 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

gotta love those passengers! i dont know how they do it, i feel helpless when i ride behind someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

scootergptx 01-24-2006 10:22 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

I've only dumped one person. It was their first time on a quad too. If that wasn't enough, it was a Quadzilla. Didn't think I'd ever here the end of it. Occasionally, she still does remind me. Sorry honey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 10:26 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: KeelGirl22
i feel helpless when i ride behind someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I no longer ride on asphalt.
Helpless is sitting on a Kawasaki Ninja street bike (I'm the passenger) at the red light; alone no one on the street. The light changes to green, we begin to accelerate and I'm sitting on this idiots hood.
HOW THE HECK CAN YOU RUN OVER 2 PEOPLE IN A LIT INTERSECTION WHEN THEY ARE AT THE TIP OF YOUR NOSE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
6 <u>MONTHS</u> in a leg cast, 8 stiches to the back of my head (no concussion, whew) and a very small scrape on my ankle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-24-2006 10:31 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

How does plaster all the way up to your butt affect your sex life?
NOT AT ALL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU...ROFLMAO

KeelGirl22 01-24-2006 10:39 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

LOL! where there's a will there is a way! haha...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

KeelGirl22 01-24-2006 10:42 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDragin

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU...ROFLMAO
what in the world does ROFLMAO stand for?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Raptorlegs 01-24-2006 11:02 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Especially if you don't have one? lol! J/K! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ps - rolling on floor laughing my ars off

KeelGirl22 01-25-2006 01:15 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

right on, makes more sense now, thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-25-2006 03:23 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

You can get more than Pizza delivered HOT and FRESH to your door! LMAO

scootergptx 01-25-2006 04:04 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

You can get more than Pizza delivered HOT and FRESH to your door! LMAO
The mailman must be keeping some of my coupons. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Raptorlegs 01-25-2006 04:22 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Can I get one of those $5$5$5 deals like from Dominoes? And do you have to tip?

Webopper 01-25-2006 07:45 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Dang, DuneDragin is bustin out. What's up man, they have you locked away for the past couple years and you just getting back out...LOL

You go man, that's some good stuff you're putting up...

Raptorlegs 01-25-2006 08:05 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

DuneDragin is a female, WB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-25-2006 08:15 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Webopper
Dang, DuneDragin is bustin out. What's up man, they have you locked away for the past couple years and you just getting back out...LOL

Exactly!! Feeling myself again!
Thanks Legs...all girl! (some say I got brass ones, but those little POWER BALLS can be great fun for a DRAGIN gal!)

Know anything about the Eastern Dragon lore?? ie.: color, #of toes, power balls??
Not the fire breathing, wing flappin' Western Dragon...it irks me that some don't know the difference.

Webopper 01-25-2006 08:18 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
DuneDragin is a female, WB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Uh...yea...uh...I knew that. Just seeing if anybody was going to catch that...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sorry!!!

KeelGirl22 01-25-2006 08:24 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

i didnt hear anything....or see anything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Raptorlegs 01-25-2006 08:26 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDraginKnow anything about the Eastern Dragon lore?? ie.: color, #of toes, power balls??
Not the fire breathing, wing flappin' Western Dragon...it irks me that some don't know the difference.
Don't really know the difference but I was always facinated how many nationalities have historically pointed towards their existance. I mean it's not like today where we just turn on the sci-fi channel to learn about them, ya know? Just makes you wonder.

Raptorlegs 01-25-2006 08:29 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: KeelGirl22
i didnt hear anything....or see anything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Funny, I thought there was another post just a minute ago????

Webopper 01-25-2006 08:38 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Yea Samson, I'm figuring out now why you're hanging out in Kermit...all the ladies.

Raptorlegs 01-25-2006 08:44 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Yea Samson, I'm figuring out now why you're hanging out in Kermit...all the ladies.
OK....just don't point out to everybody that I'm lonely and desperate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

DuneDragin 01-25-2006 10:39 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

Wow, it has been along time!
I'm still singing the same song...have not changed my tune huh?!
just for giggles let me quote My prior post!

Date Posted: Tue April 29, 2003 5:52 PM
Posted By: DuneDragin (Weekend Warrior)
The Mexican has it right. There is no one there to tell you not to ride at night. There is no one to tell you to pick up trash and place it in the provided trash containers. There is no one to tell you to turn the music down after midnight. There is no one to tell you that burning pallets leaves behind nails that ruin tires. There is no one to tell you that the sandhills are no place to leave beer bottles and glass containers that break and will cut feet and tires. There is no one to tell you when to get up or go to bed or when to bathe or eat. No one will wipe your ass.
We're locals & PROUD of the area that is home to us. West Texans have always been ruled by COMMON SENSE and RESPECT.
There has up till now been no need for park management and security patrols.
Things are changing as the sport grows and folks are finding our little jewel in the sand.
Get a Grip People! Don't ride alone (especially at night). Be considerate of others. Clean up your area (even if it is not your trash). Think of the impact you have on the safety of others. Show some respect for yourself, those around you, the area your in and be proud of your sport and the people who share your interest.
If that seems a little harsh, get over it. We like the park free. We want self control. We are not going to tolerate any nonsense. We Work Hard. We Ride Hard. We Party Hard.

Well at least I'm consistant!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

KeelGirl22 01-25-2006 11:54 PM

KERMIT CHATTER

cause im free,...... free falling......do do do......

Raptorlegs 01-26-2006 10:03 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Tom Petty is cool!

scootergptx 01-26-2006 10:15 AM

KERMIT CHATTER

Got Staind in the player right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Web, where were you going with this before you found out DuneDragin is female? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]