Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Little Sahara Oklahoma for Spring Break...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Sahara Oklahoma for Spring Break...

Sounds like you had a good time. My little TB250 stock couldnt handle much of that though.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

We just got back... Pretty good crowd. Tuesday was one of the best days I've had in the dunes. Perfect weather, full moon and nice machines to look at. It was nice to meet zilla rider and check out his very nice Banshee, even if it is faster than my 250R's. Can't wait for Memorial Day...

Old 03-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

I should have went on Tuesday, but instead I went on Wednesday. The winds were gusting 30mph, you could see sand rolling off the dune tops 20ft straight out. Felt like I was riding into a sandblaster all day long, but at least it was a smooth ride! I was pretty mad that I picked the worst day to go. I feel sorry for the people up there this weekend because we are having non stop rain Saturday and Sunday. I know right know were I live, which is 100 miles south east of Sahara, it hasnt stopped raining today. And its supposed to be the same thing tommorow.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

We were there from Saturday thru Wednesday. Sunday and Wednesday were pretty windy but the rest of the days were great. I made the Rhino roll club on Sunday while riding in the wind. I'd put on a full face motorcycle helmet to keep the stinging sand off and was straddling the ridge of competition hill. I learned about wind blown razer edges. My left side fell out from under me and my Rhino tipped over. I was smart enough to keep my foot in and the only injuries were to my pride. Didn't even scratch my Rhino. Today they are probably learning about riding in the rain now. Sure wouldn't have to let any tire pressure out to handle that wet sand. As it was I ran about 7lbs in the rear and 6 in the front and the Rhino had great traction. Climbed every thing I attempted without fail.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Just got back....besides the little bit of rain it was grate...they had the drag strip open...that was awesome....we had a awesome time...

Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear everyone had a good time... Now I'm looking forward to another trip. I may go in April...

Old 03-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Nicname, let me know when you are going and I'll try to make a plan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

GOD I HAD A BLAST wasnt anything out there that would outrun the ol 760 there were a few banshees that were close like the red one with the big guy on it. but they still needed a little more

Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZillaRider02
Nicname, let me know when you are going and I'll try to make a plan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Will do... There is a local group that didn't get to go for Spring Break due to injuries sustained at Ada. I believe they will try to work in a weekend trip in either April or May. I'll post it when we decide to go.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

GOD I HAD A BLAST wasnt anything out there that would outrun the ol 760 there were a few banshees that were close like the red one with the big guy on it. but they still needed a little more
Yeah you did have them Drag Banshee scraching there heads LOL..

Super Bobs (From the ada flattrack races) his 250r runs realy good. wish i new what he had done to it...

Quick Reply: Little Sahara Oklahoma for Spring Break...